Choking on Diesel Fumes *Update Page 6*

Quote:
lau.gif
gig.gif
Those bird's were saying " Here kitty, kitty, kitty."
Think I would build a fence instead.

Diesel trucks need to idle no matter year or whether it's a duramax,cummins or powerstroke if you don't let it idle your engine will not run right no matter what time of the year my brother let's his duramax performance diesel for 5-15 minuets. I honestly don't believe that fumes from his truck are being smelled in you house unless he constantly reving it up we have 3 diesels in our front yard and can't even smell it if your standing right next to them. The only way diesel fumes are gonna effect your health is if you have your mouth over the pipe or stack. I think your over reacting. But that's just my opinion

You know, bagpipes are lovely. The loveliest music in the world. And the best way to enjoy them is outside, in the evening. Loudly, to get the full effect.

I think you should cultivate a taste for the pipes. There are just thousands and thousands of recordings - you should play them all. Maybe not even when you're outside - just let the fence listen. Then hire a piper for private concerts.
wink.png

Quote:
You are certainly entitled to your opinion. But being 56 years old and very familiar with my body, i'm fairly certain when my throat closes up and i start hacking and coughing because the aroma of diesel fumes are overwhelming, that it is because of diesel fumes. i accept that they don't bother some people. But they bother me, and i know that for a fact. i'm not trying to cause trouble or make up anything.

i remember back in the 70's when smoking in the workplace was common place. A small group of us asked if we could designate a non-smoking area for those that were bothered by the smoke. It turned into a big thing and i ended up quitting. No one thought then that second hand smoke was harmful. We all know now that it is. And again, back then, i was fine with people smoking. i just didn't want to breath in those fumes.

i don't like being so sensitive to irritants. Wish i wasn't. i don't like waking up at 6am coughing and hacking because of the diesel fumes pouring in our bedroom window. But i'm not crazy. i'm not making it up. i'm not over reacting. And that is the truth - believe it or not.

Stuff a sock in his tailpipe. Ok don't really do that cause it could get you in trouble. I would call the authorities and see what they have to say about it.

We have an 03 diesel and my husband does not have to let it idle for more than 2 mins and in the winter he plugs it in so he can just start it and go.

Quote:
This. And I think you should actually learn to play them as well. Clearly you need a practice chanter to learn on (nevermind that the chanter at best sounds like a dying goose). And since bagpipes were originally used to call across the highlands you will want to practice outside to really get the best effect. It would be educational.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom