Choking on Diesel Fumes *Update Page 6*

Whenever my neighbors complain about something I am doing legally on MY property, I simply inform them that I CAN pen a couple of big ol' hogs right next to that fence. The stink would be perfect for combating the diesel fumes.
Wouldn't hurt if a bucket of that pig poo was put into their truck with the windows rolled up for say, 5 or 6 hours of baking sun. The smell would never come out.
I'm evil like that.
Slinky

I would do a little more checking on the deisel. We are looking at buying a generator and have it wired into our house, and deisel generators are safer than gas. There is no carbon monoxide to kill you in your sleep. Now if I'm wrong don't bite my head off, I am still researching.
hide.gif

But my DH has always drove a deisel truck and an 18 wheeler off and on and he has always let them idle. The fumes have never came into my house or bothered any of my animals.

So I am agreeing that maybe he has a leak.

Quote:
I too like the fence idea. If he loves his fumes so much he can have them. The fence would push them back at him.

I am thinking raspberries and lots of them. They are LOADED with thorns. Barberry bushes are another that is loaded with thorns.

Oh my, ducklover1 and NellaBean, we actually had Guineas at one time. They are so darn cute when they're little. Then they get bigger and start making that sound like a squeaking door, over and over and over and over and over again until you want to reach in and rip out your own ear drums. So, maybe not a good idea for this particular situation.
lol.png

mamawolf544, i appreciate your comments. And way back at the beginning of this thread that i started last year, someone suggested that there may be a problem with his truck, because those fumes are mighty stinky and pervasive. There are actually a lot of trucks on this court. Most everyone has one - some houses have two or three. i suspect some are diesel. No problem with them. So i wonder if it's the close proximity, position of our driveways, slope of the landscape, or just his truck.

i did look and his truck is a Ford F-250 Heavy Duty Power Stroke Diesel. When i enter all that into google the year 1997 comes up a lot. He said it was an older truck, though it looks fairly new. Another search i found the curb weight is most likely 8,600 pounds. It's a big truck, but still shy of the 10,000 pounds that may limit his idling time.

Honestly, i don't want to tell anyone what they can and can't do on their own property (or the property they are renting from their parents). It's just irritating that he is doing excessive idling and extreme revving of the engine specifically because he wants to irritate me - and it's working!

Tall fence, pink and purple paint on their side, lovely rustic brown on our side; stinky stabbing plants and fly bags on their side, lovely smelling jasmine on our side. If i can limit the time he wants to hang out in his driveway, my job is done.
smile.png

Yes, but you could get guineas just long enough to convince the neighbor to call a truce. He stops idling his truck, you get rid of the guineas............everyone wins! LOL

Oh my, ducklover1 and NellaBean, we actually had Guineas at one time. They are so darn cute when they're little. Then they get bigger and start making that sound like a squeaking door, over and over and over and over and over again until you want to reach in and rip out your own ear drums. So, maybe not a good idea for this particular situation.
lol.png

They are so adorable when small but they always grow-up... *Sigh* I feel old!

Tall fence, pink and purple paint on their side, lovely rustic brown on our side; stinky stabbing plants and fly bags on their side, lovely smelling jasmine on our side. If i can limit the time he wants to hang out in his driveway, my job is done.
smile.png

Maybe paint some flowers on their side too? It would go nice with the Pink and Purple!
big_smile.png

Quote:
I second this motion..!

My Peacocks are not noisy, but my Guineas 100+
hide.gif
and Turkey's never shut up. But I am immune to it. The only thing that keeps me awake is Bear our GP.
lau.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom