Christian answers please.... read but only reply if you can help

My grandfather was said to have died screaming that he would not go. I'm not sure what was the status of his salvation at the time of his death from leukemia. It was disturbing to the family to say the least. I HAVE heard of it. I don't believe it was demons because "a bad tree cannot bear good fruit." I think people struggle with their final moments regardless of salvation. I watched my uncle pass saying he was scared over and over. He died of scirrhosis of the liver. When physical life is so overwhelming, it is understandable that the end will be a difficult transition into spiritual life. It is hard for anyone to let go..dare I say, men/providers/protectors especially. Maybe he is talking to God, others have argued with God, and still maintained ther salvation. Maybe God is giving him the opportunity to come to terms with the idea of physical death before it actually occurs. This could be a blessing for him, easing the struggle of passing. A gift from God. I know it's hard for friends and family, but maybe it is making leaving easier for your dear friend.
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Maybe this will help you.. this very morning, my husband's grandfather passed away at 3:00 AM. For the last day his respirations were agonal at times. He would slip in and out of lucidity, and often he would stiffen up, contract his arms and legs and shout "NO..I won't". "I won't go with you". We were all telling him that it was time for him to let go. He gave a good fight but his fight was over. Poor man was just drained. He's Catholic, had his last rites done twice in the last couple of days. Shortly before he passed, I put a blessed scapular around his neck, & blessed him with Holy water. I know he believed in God, although he rarely went to church. He carried on a few more times and said "I don't want to go with you", "I'm scared", "I'm nervous". The look on his face was admittingly horrifying. Shortly before he went, he cried out in pain and said that "Someone is hitting me on the head". We reassured him that no one was, but a little later we noticed that he in fact had a bruise up on the bald spot of his head. And in his dying moments, he glanced over toward the foot of his bed and stared like he was looking AT someone, and began to mumble. He seemed at peace, and he passed.

I don't know what they see. Obviously something. Whether it be angels, deceased relatives, Jesus or demons. In poppa's case, I can't even begin to explain why the bruising head... Maybe because I don't want to know. In your case and ours it could be that they ARE seeing God, or angels and they just aren't ready to go with them.

But I am a firm believer that when one accepts Christ as their savior, they are accepted into the kingdom of Heaven. And demons cannot claim a soul that's God's.

John 11:25
Jesus said unto her,
I am the resurrection, and the life:
he that believeth in me,
though he were dead,
yet shall he live:
And whosoever liveth and believeth in me
shall never die.

Hopefully, when he goes he will be at peace.

I think he has guilts in life he needs to face and they are literally coming at him from the front door now. Deb, it is hard... for him and his family and you... but don't force anything on him he may not be able to handle right now. I think this is literally a sign of how fragile he is right now. Maybe, just maybe the fact he is 'human' has hit him?

Death of a loved one is so very hard. I believe, as others, that once you accept Christ as your personal savior, you are His. I experienced what I believe was a demon only once in my life. It was shortly after my father passed away from a heart-attack. I had a LOT of guilt in me-----not saying "I love you" enough, and at times, actually thinking I wished he would die. He was a very verbally abusive person, but he really was the best father he knew how to be. I had worked for both my parents since I was 15, and was with them 5 days a week at their daycare. When my father passed, I was so overcome with grief that I could barely function, or care for my 2 boys----ages 4 and 9 months. I was taking a bath very early one morning, and in severe depression. I thought I heard someone walk by the bathroom door---noone else was up yet. Sitting there, I was having suicidal thoughts, and I kept hearing a voice saying "It's o.k., it's alright if you want to just slip under the water and let go. Just do it, it's o.k." As I was rinsing my hair, I kept seeing a dark shape standing next to the tub----but when I would look straight at it, nothing was there. I believe it was one of Satan's demons, using my weakened mental state to try to get me to kill myself. I also believe that the only thing that kept me from doing it is that I accepted Christ as my savior as a teen. God placed thoughts of my children in my head to snap me out of it. I wasn't really scared at the time, I just was thinking "Wow, they really are real."

I hope some of this helps, I'm just trying to say that once you are covered by the blood of Christ, you are protected. I don't think you need to worry about your friend's husband as far as that goes. Even the thief who confessed and accepted Christ as he hung on the cross next to Him was assured a place in heaven.

Last edited:
Quote:
Of all the replies I've read this is the most reasonable. We all have our own inward demons. Some from feelings of guilt and some from desires unachieved. Many of you will not agree with me but here are my two cents.

Demons do not function today as they did in the old testament days. We do not live in a time of signs and wonders, of sight, but of FAITH. Demonic activity was between Israel and Satan as a means of turning them from scripture and keeping them from identifying the Mesiah when he would appear. Christ used the demonic activity to prove who he was to Israel. Today we have the word of God as our measure and standard of Faith.

If a man is seeing demons then he has been preprogrammed by his religious training to see demons or angels. The word of God does not allow for this. Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God, Not seeing demons.

Sit down with this man. Read to him the scripture. The gospel from I Cor 15:1-. Make it plain that Salvation is not of works, it is a free guift of God by faith. When he trusts the word more than his feelings the demons will vanish.

Last edited:
We know that this world is the principality of Satan. Demons are here and working at all times and while they can "mess" with those of us who are saved, they cannot claim our souls. Jesus Christ did that when he died on the cross and the Holy Spirit indwells us at the moment of placing our faith in Christ as our personal savior.

You may never know the state of this man's salvation but God knows his heart. I fear this may be a situation that just has to play out until his death. But I CERTAINLY would be in prayer and invoking the name of Jesus Christ....it is powerful!!

Mems had a bad time of it, particularly in the last month, though hers wasn't cancer but a horrid bone disease and the complications of the drugs used for that...

There's not a lot to be done on the emotional front. You can try comforting them, but what they're fighting is in their head... not anything a simple pill can fix. Really the most you can do is support their loved ones that are hearing those things and freaking out.

As much as I miss Mems I was relieved when she passed. She had been in SO much pain for SO long, totally not able to be the person she was (lively, loved to travel, attend church, volunteer, etc)... she got to the point where she was asking "Why is God punishing me?" and I had no answer for that one... whole life taken, horrid pain, and eventually felt betrayed by her God... so yeah, not happy by any means, but I was relieved that she was no longer in all that physical, emotional and spiritual pain. I hope that her beliefs were right, that she's in heaven and all that jazz... but if not, even nothing is better than that agony.

Not exactly a Christian sentiment, but an honest one. If their kin's faith helps them through this than by all means, pray with every breath you have for peace for all of them, for a lowering of pain, and for the strength to heal.

I am so thankful for all of you. I have had so many PM's of encouragement, and I really deeply appreciate each and every comment, sharing of experience, words of kindness!!! You people rock!

Back
Top Bottom