Christmas 2013 Hatch-A-Long!

Although I'm new to the world of chickens, I would love to join. I only have eight laying hens, but whatever we get tomorrow I'll put in an incubator that I just borrowed from our local extension office.

I'm in the middle of moving & have chicks hatching as I type. I have to save enough eggs for my order shipping Sat, but I think I can manage to set a couple dozen tomorrow in the new house in 1 of the bators I currently have empty.

I see Im not the only one hatching out eggs in Dec, I just put 6 in on the 1st, hoping to get a few black stars from my girl,

My eggs are in the mail and should be here tomorrow or Thursday, and the Brinsea is heating up. :)

I only have 5 of my own eggs because we gave a bunch to my MIL and neighbor last weekend, and the girls only lay 3-4 per day. Hopefully one of my BRs will lay an egg before I put them in the bator...they are my two sweetest girls! I only got 2 eggs in November from one of them.
pop.gif
My husband pretends that he thinks this is all really dumb, but I can tell he is interested in all this chicken stuff and I caught him checking out the bator when I unboxed it.
gig.gif

My eggs are in the mail and should be here tomorrow or Thursday, and the Brinsea is heating up. :)

I only have 5 of my own eggs because we gave a bunch to my MIL and neighbor last weekend, and the girls only lay 3-4 per day. Hopefully one of my BRs will lay an egg before I put them in the bator...they are my two sweetest girls! I only got 2 eggs in November from one of them.
pop.gif
My husband pretends that he thinks this is all really dumb, but I can tell he is interested in all this chicken stuff and I caught him checking out the bator when I unboxed it.
gig.gif

at first my DH was like OH GOD! now were going to want a pig next, But gets excited when the eggs start pipping
love.gif

Ok, I missed set day yesterday with trying to move. Hopefully I can get a bator set up today & still get in. If not I'll just have to set next week for New Year's instead.

I can't believe that I started this thread & I can't participate! On the positive side, they're filming a movie at our ranch! On the negative side, filming brings too many opportunities for power outages. I guess I'll be a week behind you guys, but I'm still going to follow along.
Good luck everyone! :D

Back
Top Bottom