Christmas 2013 Hatch-A-Long!

How's everyone else doing? Any candling yet? I tend to let my go until day 10….but I've got some special eggs in there I REALLY want to know if they're fertile or not. Got me a brand spankin new 500 lumens flashlight to candle with too…woo hoo!! I haven't put my turner on yet as most of my eggs were shipped and I am letting them rest a bit.

I have also read that cooling off is ok, but the heat spikes will cook them too much and they aren't as likely to make it.

Last night we took the eggs out of the black Brinsea tray and rails, and were able to get more put in the bottom layer...then fit the rest upright in cartons instead of on their sides. I was worried because only the shipped ones would fit on top, and only sideways. When I had them out I candled a few white shipped eggs (which came in a damaged outer shipping box)...and lo and behold there were VEINS! *happy dance*

Today is day 4 for us. Not sure how anyone can hold off candling for 10 days!

Today there 11 days old and 6 are developing
celebrate.gif
1 out of 7....I wasnt fertile....
idunno.gif

10 or so days we should be seeing lil beaks poking out....

I have also read that cooling off is ok, but the heat spikes will cook them too much and they aren't as likely to make it.

Last night we took the eggs out of the black Brinsea tray and rails, and were able to get more put in the bottom layer...then fit the rest upright in cartons instead of on their sides. I was worried because only the shipped ones would fit on top, and only sideways. When I had them out I candled a few white shipped eggs (which came in a damaged outer shipping box)...and lo and behold there were VEINS! *happy dance*

Today is day 4 for us. Not sure how anyone can hold off candling for 10 days!

I usually peek in at day 5, if there white eggs you can see the vains really good,brown ones vary

Today there 11 days old and 6 are developing
celebrate.gif
1 out of 7....I wasnt fertile....
idunno.gif

10 or so days we should be seeing lil beaks poking out....

I just got 2 free silkie roosters for my girls, cant wait to start gathering the eggs for a silkie hatch....

I'm jumping in on this! Mine aren't due on Christmas but a couple days before! I have 6 duck eggs incubating (3 khaki campbells 2 pekins and 1 Indian Runner). This is my first ever hatch and I'm SO excited!!!! The last couple days I can see all the eggs wiggling! It's the coolest thing to watch! I'm officially addicted and I already have plans for a bigger better incubator!

I'm jumping in on this! Mine aren't due on Christmas but a couple days before! I have 6 duck eggs incubating (3 khaki campbells 2 pekins and 1 Indian Runner). This is my first ever hatch and I'm SO excited!!!! The last couple days I can see all the eggs wiggling! It's the coolest thing to watch! I'm officially addicted and I already have plans for a bigger better incubator!

Sweet! Duck babies are SOOOOOO Sweet, please post pics!

Back
Top Bottom