Christmas 2013 Hatch-A-Long!

Hey Y'all, i've been hearing/reading that bantam eggs tend to hatch a bit early. Or was that cochin eggs? or bantam cochin eggs? Either way, I've got bantam cochins in the bator. Although even if they normaly do tend to hatch early, i had that one day on Tuesday that they got unplugged for 6 hours so they'll probably jusst hatch right on time anyhow.

i was just wondering outloud.

claudia

I have 2/3 growing good and hope to be on target for a Christmas Day Hatch, I emptied the incubator and put them under my now broody south american hen - they are her eggs after all...
I also put 4 eggs under a OEG hen that wants to join in the fun, hopefully for a New Years Hatch.
I will leave a heat lamp for them until they don't need it anymore; my little coop will be warmer once we get more snow and bank it against the walls.

Hey Y'all, i've been hearing/reading that bantam eggs tend to hatch a bit early.  Or was that cochin eggs?  or bantam cochin eggs?  Either way, I've got bantam cochins in the bator.    Although even if they normaly do tend to hatch early, i had that one day on Tuesday that they got unplugged for 6 hours so they'll probably jusst hatch right on time anyhow.

i was just wondering outloud.

claudia

Hey Claudia! I notice my Bantam Cochins, silkies and Bantam Langshans have hatched early...I've got D'Uccles in this time, they'll probably come around day 19 too!

Last edited:
Hey Claudia! I notice my Bantam Cochins, silkies and Bantam Langshans have hatched early...I've got D'Uccles in this time, they'll probably come around day 19 too!
so di i still take them off the autoturner for lockdown on day 19 for the last 3 days or a day sooner?

Back
Top Bottom