Christmas 2013 Hatch-A-Long!

We locked down tonight, and I'm worried that I won't be able to tell the Creole Orpingtons from the Rhodebars, I should have separated them in the hatcher...I wish I had some of those produce baskets for easy Seperation....

Oh no...Post pics so I can see what a legbar looks like fresh out of the egg,
pop.gif
I have a leghorn rooster and BR hen,just in case I get one ...

Okie dokie :)

We counted our black orps in the cabinet incubator, we have 35 now, been a good winter for them so far!! We're getting like 18 eggs a week from 3 hens!!

Last edited:
I was a little late wish i started mine early enough but mine come out the bator on the 28 to go in the hatcher. Others come out on the 1st and the 10th about 200 all together so by the 14th i should have a plenty of babys for the new year. 6 more dozen to go in after each shelf comes out.

I inadvertently joined the Christmas hatch
celebrate.gif
Found my "missing" Astrolorp x sitting on a clutch in the vege garden last week. Moved her into a hutch as there was meant to be a storm, went to candle the eggs tonight to get an idea of what was going on & she's got 8 adorable wee chicks
love.gif
jumpy.gif
4 wee yellow ones, 2 grey / black ones & 2 wee brown / yellow / black speckled ones. Dad is a purebred black Silkie. Can't wait to get a proper look at them tomorrow.
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:
celebrate.gif
Found my "missing" Astrolorp x sitting on a clutch in the vege garden last week. Moved her into a hutch as there was meant to be a storm, went to candle the eggs tonight to get an idea of what was going on & she's got 8 adorable wee chicks
love.gif
jumpy.gif
4 wee yellow ones, 2 grey / black ones & 2 wee brown / yellow / black speckled ones. Dad is a purebred black Silkie. Can't wait to get a proper look at them tomorrow.
yippiechickie.gif

awww....congrats on all u lil gifts for christmas..
jumpy.gif

I was a little late wish i started mine early enough but mine come out the bator on the 28 to go in the hatcher. Others come out on the 1st and the 10th about 200 all together so by the 14th i should have a plenty of babys for the new year. 6 more dozen to go in after each shelf comes out.

wow...
ep.gif

celebrate.gif
love.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif
Awwww...what a great Christmas gift!!!
I wish I could put eggs under my broodie EE...but she sits on the nest when there are no eggs, and sits NEXT TO the nest when there ARE eggs in it.
barnie.gif
That is just RUDE. So I had to buy a Brinsea 20. And planned to put a dozen in. And then ended up tetris stacking because I have shipped eggs. But then only needed to cull 4...so now I have 29 eggs that just went into lockdown...and not much hatching space. Beginners luck...a mixed blessing...but will make for a wonderful Christmas memory on the 27/28th.
yippiechickie.gif

We seem to be having a huge problem hatching lately, every thing is going great until the 29th day, we have a lot that never pip.... Any ideas? Also, when do we know if pipping for them is the only option left?

Back
Top Bottom