Christmas 2013 Hatch-A-Long!

love.gif

I just candled my eggs I started on the 23rd and I can see vaining in the white shelled eggs....off to the next hatch, tring to get few black stars

I am doing my first hatch ever. I got the incubator going days in advance and had it regulated nicely. I received my eggs (6 Lav Orp) with the box partially crushed. :barnie Got the eggs going and found that 3 were not fertile. Of the other three, one is definitely viable and growing, but the other two are harder for me to tell. As a newb I am finding it hard to know exactly what I am looking at. Plus, the light I am using for candling may not be the best. At day seven right now and crossing my fingers. :fl

It is day nine and I just candled my three remaining eggs again. I had a brighter light source this time and, WOOHOO, I can see the embryo in all three. And all three were moving!:celebrate I am so psyched! I was convinced the USPS had scrambled them beyond redemption, but I guess not. I will wait now until day 14 to recandle and make sure they are stil alive. :fl I can't wait to be a mama hen! :yiipchick

It is day nine and I just candled my three remaining eggs again. I had a brighter light source this time and, WOOHOO, I can see the embryo in all three. And all three were moving!
celebrate.gif
I am so psyched! I was convinced the USPS had scrambled them beyond redemption, but I guess not. I will wait now until day 14 to recandle and make sure they are stil alive.
fl.gif
I can't wait to be a mama hen!
yippiechickie.gif
GOOD LUCK
smile.png

It is day nine and I just candled my three remaining eggs again. I had a brighter light source this time and, WOOHOO, I can see the embryo in all three. And all three were moving!
celebrate.gif
I am so psyched! I was convinced the USPS had scrambled them beyond redemption, but I guess not. I will wait now until day 14 to recandle and make sure they are stil alive.
fl.gif
I can't wait to be a mama hen!
yippiechickie.gif
thumbsup.gif
now its the big wait.....till hatch day!

Yes, almost holding my breath I want these babies to survive so much! I have a question. How much movement should I see from the embryos at 9 days? Twof of them were quite vigorous, the third was much less so, but still moving. Is that a bad thing?

Yes, almost holding my breath I want these babies to survive so much! I have a question. How much movement should I see from the embryos at 9 days? Twof of them were quite vigorous, the third was much less so, but still moving. Is that a bad thing?

There all different,maybe just his rest time

Back
Top Bottom