Christmas eve comotions.

Kesta

Pie Crust Malfunction
11 Years
Jul 31, 2008
houston tx
ok since its christmas eve it means that the kids are being watched like hawks tonight so they dont get out of the bedroom and milk and cookies are being set out i was wondering if anyone has any special happenings or commotions from past christmas eves to share. i know that when i was questioning the existence of santa claus ( i started doing that at 10) i always tried to sneak down stairs and catch him in the house but always got busted. so tell your stories about christmas comotions that have happened to you.

i was simple, we live in a trailer... So my bedroom is next to the livingroom, i'd be "asleep" and then just watch santa put presents under the tree. my brother and i eventually made it a tradition, which started when i was 8 (6 years ago) other then that, we just slept opened presents in the morning, played with whatever it was and went on
wink.png

When I was little, we had a neighbor named Harry. Harry was a retired "gentleman farmer" whose hobbies included growing all sorts of wonderful and mysterious plants and trees ~ and tormenting us children. He delighted in playing tricks on us, and one Christmas Harry was at his finest.

Harry insisted he was going to chase Santa off if he heard any suspicious sleigh activity going on: we were in agony over this, and we squirmed and begged him not to chase Santa away with a shotgun. He was adamant, though, and obviously enjoying our discomfort as we pensively watched through the windows on Christmas Eve. The evening passed quietly and we were just stumbling to bed, still quivering with the past adrenaline-rush of possible Santa misfortunes—when a distinct, rolling thump sounded across the roof, followed by a sharp staccato of shots. Re-enter adrenaline: three children in PJs raced toward the living room window, and in the sheer hysteria of the moment my youngest brother made an impossible leap over the sofa to reach the window first. To this day he swears he saw sleigh lights rising up into the sky.

More shots rang out. It was too much: we threw open the front door and ran out into the yard, only to find Harry in the middle of the street lighting his last firework and triumphantly whooping, “I got him! I chased Santa off!”

The screaming of children was music to his ears.

That year all three of us got beautiful, shiny new bicycles for Christmas. It was many years later I learned that Harry had not only helped my father put all three bikes together, but he had also hidden them at his house until late Christmas Eve so there was not a shred of evidence for nosy children to find and spoil the fun.

Last edited:
My grandparents lived on a farm on a reservation. They had two rescued timber wolves - one we found starving to death with her leg in a trap when she was an adult, rehabbed, and she just never left us and the other found as a pup when a backhoe dug up the nest and killed the others. I call them "pets" but let me stress that there's no such thing as a tame wolf.

One year, my mother was in the hospital and I spent Christmas with my grandparents. I declared that I was going to stay up alllllll night to catch Santa Clause.

My grandfather stopped that by saying Santa had asked the wolves to guard the tree. He said it in just an offhand tone of voice. The wolves were asleep under the table.

I fell asleep and woke up sometime in the middle of the night. Throwing off the covers, I ran down the stairs toward the parlour - where the tree was. Out of the dark at the base of the stairs rose two huge, hulking, snarling shapes with green glowing eyes. I screamed, the whole house woke up, lights went on - and there were our wolves, blocking the base of the stairs. I tried to push past them, and they'd head butt me back. When I finally pushed past one, the other - a giant female named Tika - grabbed the back of my pajamas and pulled me back.

My grandfather was laughing so hard tears were running down his face. My grandmother asked what was going on. "Isn't it obvious? They're guarding the tree." He then told them it was ok, Santa had been and left, and they could let me go. The two wolves parted like the red sea and I ran into the parlour and saw Santa had, indeed, been and gone.

I got revenge on the wolves by sticking every bow from every present on them. They looked very, very silly.

I think back on the many incidents like this and wonder how I survived childhood.
smile.png

-Spooky

oh that second ones funny! my chr4istmas eve is gonna be crazy cause my grandparents and cousin are here from south carolina and tomorrow were having my aunt and uncles here. and thats a very small portion of my family ther are a lot more that live throughout the country . i wanna read more come on you can do better than this!

Back
Top Bottom