Christmas gift recommendations? Christmas thread!

Do you do Secret Santa within a family or friend group?

• Yes

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • No

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • What's that?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • I think so.

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • With whiskey

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
i went and cut ours down a few days after thanksgiving. i’ve always had real trees, and i’m glad i can keep it going for my son now.

11 ft douglas fir in the great room.
We have 8 ft ceilings so not quite as tall but always been a real tree also is there any other way?

I think it really depends on the teenager. We have a tween who’s really into his skateboard so we got him a gift card to the skate shop so he can buy new wheels and trucks for his board. He also got a new bike lock and a backpack to use when he runs errands on his bike (this is something he likes to do). Wireless ear buds and a Spotify account for a year. A new controller for the game system. Crazy socks, kids will wear them with long pants or shorts it seems. Our tweenager likes Marvin the Martian and Foghorn Leghorn.

Toddlers pretty much always got something educational. Ours really liked the electronic things that taught animals and letters and such. Crayons and coloring books still exist. Finger paint, books.

Kitchen gadgets can be tough. What one person likes another might not. One year I got a silicone mat for rolling out pie crust/kneading bread and a Scandinavian whisk. I find both to be indispensable but my mom wouldn’t. I couldn’t live without my instant pot lol. An immersion blender is nice to have around for mixing sauces and marinades, maybe some smoothies and shakes. A salad spinner, cutting board that fits over the sink, a nice container for the counter that you can put utensils in. A coffee warmer. Reusable shopping bags…not necessarily a kitchen gadget but I love filling up my rubber ducky bags at the store and I get lots of compliments from other shoppers.

My boy loved wooden trains, any Peaceable Kingdom board game (like Count Your Chickens or Hoot Owl Hoot), and books that play songs.

I agree with @igorsMistress that teens vary widely. Gift cards are always welcome, I think.

A nice pie server (Oxo) that's big enough, and can cut is one of my favorite things in the kitchen. I also love my espresso machine. Even if you don't like espresso, you can make great lattes and cappuccinos! And I love my air fryer.

I think it really depends on the teenager. We have a tween who’s really into his skateboard so we got him a gift card to the skate shop so he can buy new wheels and trucks for his board. He also got a new bike lock and a backpack to use when he runs errands on his bike (this is something he likes to do). Wireless ear buds and a Spotify account for a year. A new controller for the game system. Crazy socks, kids will wear them with long pants or shorts it seems. Our tweenager likes Marvin the Martian and Foghorn Leghorn.

Toddlers pretty much always got something educational. Ours really liked the electronic things that taught animals and letters and such. Crayons and coloring books still exist. Finger paint, books.

Kitchen gadgets can be tough. What one person likes another might not. One year I got a silicone mat for rolling out pie crust/kneading bread and a Scandinavian whisk. I find both to be indispensable but my mom wouldn’t. I couldn’t live without my instant pot lol. An immersion blender is nice to have around for mixing sauces and marinades, maybe some smoothies and shakes. A salad spinner, cutting board that fits over the sink, a nice container for the counter that you can put utensils in. A coffee warmer. Reusable shopping bags…not necessarily a kitchen gadget but I love filling up my rubber ducky bags at the store and I get lots of compliments from other shoppers.
Thanks! Great ideas!

My boy loved wooden trains, any Peaceable Kingdom board game (like Count Your Chickens or Hoot Owl Hoot), and books that play songs.

I agree with @igorsMistress that teens vary widely. Gift cards are always welcome, I think.

A nice pie server (Oxo) that's big enough, and can cut is one of my favorite things in the kitchen. I also love my espresso machine. Even if you don't like espresso, you can make great lattes and cappuccinos! And I love my air fryer.
Good ideas!

Back
Top Bottom