Christmas gift recommendations? Christmas thread!

Do you do Secret Santa within a family or friend group?

• Yes

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • No

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • What's that?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • I think so.

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • With whiskey

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
Kitchen:
-Very good knife (victorinox or better)
-Wooden cutting board (for its antimicrobial properties and easier on knives)
-Scale
-Very good dish towels (Williams and Sonoma classic stripe - for function and durability)
-Flour towels
-Whisk with silicon coating on the wires
-Silicon lid with four options for pouring/straining/sealing the spout of a pyrex measuring cup

Toddlers
- wooden train tracks (I love that a set can be added to over many years)
- blocks, wooden until old enough for knex or legos
- indoor tent

Toddlers or Teens
Books
Time (ice skating, roller skating, swimming, zoo, hands on museum, fancy picnic, archery lessons, planetarium, visit to a working farm for a niece from the city, kite flying, rocket flying, canoeing, white water rafting)
Great ideas. Thanks!

I have been thinking of gifting myself with a drone for Christmas. I have been looking them up online and was wondering if there are any drone owners on BYC and any recommendations. Since I have never used one I do not want a real expensive one but with enough features and decent picture quality. One feature I would like is one that has stablilty when flying when it's a bit windy out. I have noticed that some say they are able to fly in a level 5 wind. I live on a hill. One of the highest points in our county and we get some wind. Any recommendations welcomed...

I have been thinking of gifting myself with a drone for Christmas. I have been looking them up online and was wondering if there are any drone owners on BYC and any recommendations. Since I have never used one I do not want a real expensive one but with enough features and decent picture quality. One feature I would like is one that has stablilty when flying when it's a bit windy out. I have noticed that some say they are able to fly in a level 5 wind. I live on a hill. One of the highest points in our county and we get some wind. Any recommendations welcomed...
One thing you should know is that it takes a while to get used to flying a drone. I don’t really have any other recommendation, I just thought this might help

Last edited:
A friend of mine has a drone. He used it when we went to Florida, it featured beautiful live footage when you connect it to a phone, so you could see the whole city on your phone!
I also know some Youtubers who use drones and it's pretty cool because you can let your chickens out then fly the drone, and then capture all their "WHAT IS THAT?" faces :lol:. They stare at the drone, some think it's a bird of prey!

Back
Top Bottom