Christmas hatch-a-long

gimmie birdies

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Feb 12, 2013
Eastern WA
I decided to hatch on Christmas. LO eggs ordered from Meyers. Only 9 eggs. I was interested in a Blue feathered rooster that had pink egg gene. I have hatched with Meyers before, but it is a cheap way to get the hatching eggs I want for a small price. $30 dollars plus change, that includes shipping. Each live chick costs 24+ dollars normally through Meyers. Plus weather wise is not bad.

Last edited:
I decided to hatch on Christmas. LO eggs ordered from Meyers. Only 9 eggs. I was interested in a Blue feathered rooster that had pink egg gene. I have hatched with Meyers before, but it is a cheap way to get the hatching eggs I want for a small price. $30 dollars plus change, that includes shipping. Each live chick costs 24+ dollars normally through Meyers. Plus weather wise is not bad.

How did it turn out? Have they hatched yet?

Day 21, just started, I have 2 out, 3 zipping and the others look to need to stay in for a bit, I am going to take another pic when more hatch, first pic is the first one zipping and then out
zippy.PNG
am.PNG
longer. The second looks like the first with more yellow.

The first chick with 2 blue eggs zipping (under side of their eggs)
#1.PNG

Second more yellow chick, The black one is picking on this one, lucky the light is off mostly.
#2.PNG

#3.PNG
#4.PNG

Well not yet. Looking forward to the other eggs, what colors will I get. The black AC mix has all black with yellow tips on wings and a couple of white toes. it is a mix out of a blue egg. Best of both worlds. Hopefully will lay more often than an AC.

Back
Top Bottom