Christmas Hatch

Lockdown! First full day. I laid them down and stopped turning at 17 days but didn't bump up humidity until partially into day 18 (yesterday). I wanted to get a few extra hours of aircell growth, particularly to the "youngest" eggs which were a little smaller than I'd like. Fingers crossed! I hope they start pipping before I return to work on Monday so I know whether or not to switch my schedule around so I can be here for (hopefully) my first hatch!

Congrats to all who hatched already and condolences to those who haven't.

Lockdown!  First full day.  I laid them down and stopped turning at 17 days but didn't bump up humidity until partially into day 18 (yesterday).  I wanted to get a few extra hours of aircell growth, particularly to the "youngest" eggs which were a little smaller than I'd like.  Fingers crossed!   I hope they start pipping before I return to work on Monday so I know whether or not to switch my schedule around so I can be here for (hopefully) my first hatch!

Congrats to all who hatched already and condolences to those who haven't.

Best of luck to you. My next batch hatch Monday/Tuesday, four little frizzle serama eggs.

Mine just started hatching today and it's nearly day 22, so give it time

So hard to be patient. For me it's waiting for chicks that won't be culled. Three of my nine show promise; the right shape, size, and length of leg. One in particular I have high hopes for. A rooster-I want a rooster with the right traits.

Last edited:
I would have even taken roosters if mine would have hatched, better than nothing, have to re-home a BR cockrel that's 3 weeks old

1 pip you guys! Better late than never.

Back
Top Bottom