Christmas is coming early Hatch-A-Long!

Pics
I have a string of white lights in the the far end of the run, just because it's the north end and would otherwise be a bit gloomy. I don't think it changes the laying period for my birds. I like them to take a break too. I just wish the pullets would get going... I don't like store bought eggs anymore. :)

Grow, little Star, grow!

The lights don't "keep them up" past dusk, that's for sure. They are going to roost about 5pm now. I can do lock up, get a load of wood, and then have dinner. :)
It is 7F right now here. If they didn't get enough sleep at night, they are going to be napping today I'm sure. ☺️

I won't even open the door until it hits 20 as they won't come out anyway.

I like your Christmas lights idea. I should have done that when the new crew went in there so they'd have had a little night light, but better late than never!

I like your Christmas lights idea. I should have done that when the new crew went in there so they'd have had a little night light, but better late than never!
:)

The coop is at the south end of the run, so in the winter when the sun is low in the sky, there isn't much daylight that makes it into the run. The lights are the "rope" kind, plain white. It adds a little bit of light to the winter dreariness.

I'm ready for spring! :hmm

Okay, Hope, you are the ugliest egg in there, but you just keep growing and become the prettiest chick of all! :jumpy

1701179647743.png

Back
Top Bottom