Christmas is coming early Hatch-A-Long!

Pics
Wake up eggies!!
yippiechickie.gif
Max, that means you too! Let's see some big growth today!!

Greeting Good Morning GIF by JellaCreative

I'll take #7 Her name is Sina! A bright and happy little one. All my best to you Sina!
All the eggies are named already, but feel free to cheer for any / all! I do have a few eggs from my flock that may or may not develop, if they do I will be adding them to the list and then they will be needing names.

I'm assuming by your name you do leatherwork, please tell more! I LOVE leather work, I used to have a small shop and did custom western tack, saddle repair, and custom mohair cinches. I still have all my tools and a lot of supplies but there's just not enough time to squeeze it in right now. Feel free to share pictures! We don't mind some rabbit trails off of the chicks on this thread, we're here to have a good time 😊

It was 15 (Yes, FIFTEEN) degrees here this morning 😳 I was worried about my little silkies they are fully feathered but still so small, about 4 months old. I was happy to hear the cockerels crowing and everyone was fine when I checked on them. I have a heat lamp available but no takers on that. It even spit some snow yesterday 😃 lucky for the little silkie eggies they are nice and cozy warm at 99.5 to 99.8 deg and a comfy 35 to 50% humidity.

the humidity has been fluctuating but I think this should be ok. The ambient humidity is still in the 20%s and the incubator is burning through the water. I did add a sponge as with the two reservoirs it was hanging in the 30%s.

When I added water this morning I snapped a photo of the eggies in their hammocks. 😊

20231129_074212.jpg
The silkie egg North of Hope is from my white silkies, it's a little bigger, the one next to it on the tray to the left, I'm not sure if it is SLW or silkie, if it hatches we will find out! Come on eggies!

Candling tomorrow night for signs of life and an air cell check! I'm very excited 🤗

Back
Top Bottom