Christmas superstition

ducks4you

Songster
11 Years
Jan 20, 2009
East Central Illinois
The snow in Montana post and the post with the GSD puppy (makes you melt
love.gif
) got ME thinking about Christmas and a REALLY random superstition that I have. I have this belief that the predominant color for a particular Christmas (color used in the ads and in the stores) is indicative of the economy and the mood of the country. Here goes, and see if you think so, too.
cool.png

Blue-Times are great, we spend like it's water and diet hard to look like models.
Red-Times are okay. We watch a lot of our spending, but still buy the last minute stuff.
Green-Times could be better. We are cautious and don't buy a present this year for our weird uncle.
Pale Green-Times are really bad. We look like models because we're starving!!
Silver-Times are good. We are celebrating all of the new technology, which is flying off of the shelves.
Gold-...um...haven't had a gold Christmas, yet!!

An interesting theory... but for me blue summons Wally World (and lead paint), Kroger and Tom Thumb, red summons Target (and higher prices except for their neon orange clearance stickers), Macys and JC Penny, Green summons Wally Neighborhood Market, Whole Foods, and General Holly/etc deco, Light Green makes me think of sage, which I don't much care for, Silver summons tinsel, and bells, and all sorts of good things. Gold summons greed and clashing with my over-pink complexion, never been a fan.

Mom's superstition was WAY worse... every year made a huge pot of Oyster Stew on Christmas Eve... she claims it's a tradition... yet no one else in the entire family eats the stuff... including our household of five... she ate the stuff for days, we had PB&J...

I like yours WAY better.
big_smile.png

Ohhh interesting I think how many people don't understand what Black Friday is. They know it means sales, but that's about it. You tell them that it's to help businesses go from being in the red to back in black and they think you're quoting AC/DC.
tongue.png

I've never seen a blue before. Except for maybe when I was really little. This year we should be seeing red. Or dark green. I wouldn't go as far as pale green yet. Positive Attitude!
cool.png

Last year was pale green
wink.png

I remember about 3 years ago seeing loads of red.

Back
Top Bottom