Chronicles of Raising Meat Birds - Modern Broilers, Heritage and Hybrids

HA HA, Bonus Chick = free tiny Sultan cockerel when I ordered from them! Cute, kid favorite, 100% rooster.
I figured it would be a cockerel and am ok with that just hoping for a Full size one not a bantam???
lost the weak one... figured it would happen but still happy with the rest. I have to say these are the quietest chicks I can remember getting. usually when I have chicks under my desk at work Everyone can hear them and asks questions. today no one even knows they are here... well except the ones that saw me bring them in. lol

I figured it would be a cockerel and am ok with that just hoping for a Full size one not a bantam???
lost the weak one... figured it would happen but still happy with the rest. I have to say these are the quietest chicks I can remember getting. usually when I have chicks under my desk at work Everyone can hear them and asks questions. today no one even knows they are here... well except the ones that saw me bring them in. lol
Too busy eating to make any noise?

You have chicks at work??? I would be fired so fast....

Not too late, thanks, that's a good one.
I actually tried cutting the wings at all joints and not cutting them at all and learned the hard way.. there is one correct way to cut those wings off unless you want problems. Cutting them off at the shoulder was too hard to do, cutting off just the last digit leaves that double bone portion of chicken wing on but feathers connect deeper than the skin so even after you skin it there are still feathers on there that take for ever to puck off. Need surgical equipment I guess. Cutting them at the correct spot is so easy that I can do it without thinking once I learned the skill allowing me to think ahead to the next move as I do it.

Back
Top Bottom