1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chug

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Lanissa86, May 7, 2009.

1. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Yup, I must be crazy....

But I treated my mom and myself to a little early mother's day...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

She is Half Chihuahua and Half Pug!

She is tiny! and we need a name! My mom and I both think it should be something Feminine and petite sounding!

Any suggestions?

2. k2chickens

k2chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    New Castle, Indiana
    Aww THAT IS SUCH A CUTE PUPPY!!! I never thought a Chug would look so cute but that pup is adorable! [​IMG]

She looks like a rose or rosie something cute and adorable like her!

3. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    How cute!

4. taraann81

taraann81 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Ontario
    I think she looks like a Tia or an Ava. She is adorable

5. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Button (as in "cute as a").

6. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

Tink or Tinkerbelle? Violet? We named our mini dachshund Emma...thats a cute small name. Lola?

7. RabbitMage

RabbitMage Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    She's adorable, I just with people would stop supporting this kind of irresponsible breeding. [​IMG]

8. CityClucks

CityClucks The Center of a 50 Mile Radius

Jan 31, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    Quote:Is there a chance this cross (chi/pug) will have an increased chance of disease or inherited problems?

9. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Before people start commenting on irresponsible breeding....

This was not from one of those designer dog "breeders" but from a friend who happened to have a pug male and chihuahua female.

Her female had a vet app. to be spayed soon, but obviously not soon enough since her male pug got to her...

I also can not believe the people that sell Mutt pups for extremely over priced prices!

What happened to mutts being free???

We are still trying to decide on a name.. We mentioned Tinkerbell would be cute, but my dad said he refuses to call a dog tinkerbell... LOL

Keep the names coming if you can! Thanks!

10. RabbitMage

RabbitMage Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    Pugs as a breed are riddled with problems, due to how they're built. Chihuahuas can have a few issues, too.

I personally have very strict guidelines about what makes a responsible breeder, and more that folks breeding mutts what gets to me is people not doing health testing. Frankly people could breed oodles of doodles as long as they were breeding with purpose and doing all the applicable health testing and I wouldn't care.

Health testing doesn't mean "yeah my vet said they were healthy", health testing means having their elbows and hips x-rayed, seeing a canine ophthalmologist to check for juvenile cataracts and a list of other things you may need to check for, depending on breed/cross.

I do hope your pup lives a long, healthy life, but you maaaay want to look into some pet insurance!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by