Cindi's Chicken Chronicles

Roo is lovely and it sounds like he is smart enough to know where to find the best human help to be had - as advertised by Chickadee! Maybe he will make a comeback yet!
Thank you for your kind words 💕 April has been a rough month, I'm hoping May will be better.

Sisters: Willow & Hazel

Willow and Hazel are part of the "drumettes", which is what I nicknamed Chickadee's last clutch of chicks that she had in January. Out of the 9 drumettes, Willow & Hazel are the only two that are pullets. The other 7 are cockerels and if I'm being honest, I can't really tell them apart because they all look nearly identical 😅 It's hard to believe that they'll be 4 months old tomorrow! Where did the time go?!

Anyways, I am writing this post because I wanted to share a few photos of Willow & Hazel. I think they have such beautiful feathers! 😍

L-R: Willow & Hazel
tempImageNsF77E.png
tempImage2qMdws.png
tempImageu3LMeJ.png

Chickadee is a Mama Hen Again!

I was watering my vegetable garden in my backyard this afternoon, when all of a sudden I could hear Chickadee clucking. She came out from behind the shed and she was not alone... she had eleven little chicks with her 😳 I was definitely NOT expecting that! I put out some food for Chickadee and her little ones, which they seemed to enjoy. After they were done eating and foraging in the garden, they hung out in the backyard with me 💕 I enjoyed sitting next to Chickadee and just watching her interact with her little ones. She is such a sweet mama hen!

tempImageBr8bu0.png
tempImageRVfa9E.png

Chickadee is a Mama Hen Again!

I was watering my vegetable garden in my backyard this afternoon, when all of a sudden I could hear Chickadee clucking. She came out from behind the shed and she was not alone... she had eleven little chicks with her 😳 I was definitely NOT expecting that! I put out some food for Chickadee and her little ones, which they seemed to enjoy. After they were done eating and foraging in the garden, they hung out in the backyard with me 💕 I enjoyed sitting next to Chickadee and just watching her interact with her little ones. She is such a sweet mama hen!

View attachment 2656386
View attachment 2656387
Yay! 😃 This is so exciting!!! 😝
They’re so adorable!!! 🥰 🥰 🥰

One Year Ago
tempImagewC2bzb.png
One year ago, this little brown hen stumbled into my yard and never left. I feel honored that she decided to adopt me as her human and share her life with me. Chickadee, thank you for choosing me & changing my life for the better 💕

An Update on the Drumettes

The drumettes turned 4 months old a week ago and a few of the cockerels have started crowing! Whenever I'm in my backyard, the cockerels will run up to me and start crowing as if they want to show off their new skill 😂 They seem so proud of themselves for being able to crow! I hope that the neighbors don't mind all the extra crowing that has been going on these past few days 😅

I also noticed that Willow & Hazel are now clucking. I have grown so used to them making chirping noises, but two days ago, I could hear two hens clucking loudly in my front yard. When I went outside, I was so surprised that it was Willow & Hazel making those noises! These are just reminders that the drumettes are growing up! I am so used to thinking of them as "teenagers", but they are no longer in their teenage stage since they are 18 weeks old now.

Willow & her brothers
tempImageztXrZ9.png

Willow & Hazel
tempImagesRMn0Y.png

Back
Top Bottom