Cinnamon Rolls - It's what's for breakfast!

MissPrissy

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
May 7, 2007
Forks, Virginia
Gumpsgirl gave you the white bread recipe. I know a lot of you have perfected it and have been making it for last couple weeks. Let me take you one step forward. Careful. It is a slippery slope.
wink.png

When you prepare the dough add 2 tbsp ground cinnamon to the flour before doing anything else and mix it well.

Then set it to rise as instructed.

cin1.jpg

Roll it out.

cin2.jpg

Rub it with softened butter and sprinkle with more cinnamon.

cin3.jpg

Toss on some brown sugar and raisins.

cin4.jpg

Add some chopped nuts.

cin5.jpg

Roll it up.

cin6.jpg

Slice into 1 inch rounds.

cin7.jpg

Cover and set it in a warmish place to rise again. Then slide it into a preheated oven to bake for 20 mins or so.

While it is baking - whip up some icing.

cin8.jpg

A little vanilla, some powdered sugar and a drizzle of sweet milk.

cin9.jpg

Pull the rolls out of the oven.

cin9-1.jpg

Spread the icing on while piping hot.

cin10.jpg

Serve warm with big tall glasses of icey cold milk ot a cup of hot coffee.

cin11.jpg

If your husband doesn't already think you are a goddess he will now!

Before anyone asks.

Mrs. Buttersworth is a vintage 1970's glass syrup bottle topped with a barware spout. That is how I keep my imported vanilla stored on the counter for quick use.

mrsb2.jpg

I have a few other great bottles too.

And some more.

Those look really yummy!!! If you want to make CARMEL ROLLS, add brown sugar to that mix. Also, before you put the rolls in the pan, melt butter and spread in pan, sprinkle cinnamon, and brown sugar and nuts if you want. Then, add the rolls to rise and bake. YUM!!!
droolin.gif

sandyj

These have brown sugar in them.

When I do them in muffin cup with the sugar/butter/cinnamon/pecans in the bottom I call those stickybuns.

Luckily I was already planning cinnamon rolls for tomorrow morning...they look pretty tasty. I've got a recipe that I've used for years that I make the day before and then cook in the morning. I usually make sticky buns with it.

Quote:
I have a wonderful recipe like that too, Katy.

On the fly for some quick bread and not needing to let the dough rise for long periods this one is good.

Back
Top Bottom