City girls making fun of my chickens!

Please do not take offense if you live in the city, this is not a city/bashing thread, believe me. It was a comment of mine about "city girls" that started all this and I don't want it to be locked by getting out of hand. Love you all for your support...
hugs.gif

Quote:
4.99!!!! Are you serious. My girls better start laying soon!!!!

Yeah, I went into thoes silly organic stores once and my jaw dropped when I saw it! I sell 12 free range eggs for 3 a dozen and that's below what even supermarket sells for brown cage free eggs. From the "how much do you sell your eggs for?" thread. I'm up there in the price I get for them. It must be the local area here and the extravagant prices for all. I break even with the feed bills.

Quote:
I remember those days living in NYC. All my old friends think I'm crazy, they just don't understand country living. My brooder was set up in the house during the winter with over 100 chicks. It is warmer now so they are outside in a large coop and run, soon to be larger.
wee.gif

my chick came in my house only once and it loved it. thats why it is outside lol but my dad didnet like it... lol oh well..
i live in the city kinda and they dont know that hens lay eggs without the rooster lol. silly people..

My parents would freak out if I had chickens in the house longer than for a brief visit or medical treatment.
Five years ago when I was in college my psychology teacher gave us an extra credit assignment: break a social norm over Thanksgiving. On Thanksgiving, right before we were ready to eat, I sneaked out to the chicken coop and brought a hen into the house and placed her in an empty dish on the table. Mom thought I'd gone insane ( she didn't know about the assignment) and told me to get that chicken out of the kitchen-NOW. We all had a good laugh once Mrs. Partridge Rock was safely back in the coop and I explained my "insanity"
smile.png

My chickens are in the house. We have mostly roosters and each breed has there own cage. I swear that if we had over 50 chicken diapers there would be no use for the cage. LOL

Back
Top Bottom