CL experience selling birds and personal safety

Quote:
Ahhh... Boyd is clever.
smile.png

Glad to hear it turned out well for you Kansas, and maybe a future Chicken Friend to boot.

I don't let people come to my house.

Now more than ever no one will come here. The only time I ever made exceptions was when my husband was alive and at home.

A little over a decade ago I had a very nice litter of Rotties for sale. Didn't go through ads, I usually had a waiting list that was longer than the amount of pups I was willing to produce.

I sold a pup to a couple that had waited for 2 years. They gave my number (something I ask everyone NOT TO DO) to a man that had seen this pup and wanted one. I had a buyer back out and had a pup for sale. He came by and looked and was very happy with this little guy, but he made the hair on my neck stand up. I didn't get anything from my dogs, so I figured it was just me. I brought out a contract, that we had discussed a week before and he told me he didn't do contracts. I told him I didn't sell or place my dogs without one. Then he tells me his name. I know that name (although can't remember it now), he was a lawyer from San Francisco. I had seen him on the news and read about him. I told him I didn't care who he was. I had sold pups to really famous people and i wasn't impressed with anything but the care he was going to give this puppy. I have a return policy on my dogs. You can't keep them, they come back and I either place them or keep them. He tried to tell me what I was doing was against the law. I told him to sue me.

A week went by. I had lost an entire litter of pups once to Parvo. These were the only pups that I had not given shots to myself and the last. It was heartbreaking. I went out to the yard to check water and puppy damage and found pups laying sick and passing blood. I was horrified that this had happened again. While I was running around looking for my babies I found pieces of meat. The bigger dogs were fine, but they were trained NEVER to pick things up or take from someone unless I let them. The pups didn't know that. I lost them all. They had been given Decon(sp). I knew how did it, but he had too many people backing him up and I was nobody. He killed my pups. I can say though, that although he got away from it legally, he did pay. Not as much as I would have liked, but he knew where it came from and I never heard from him since.

Moral is...........I don't care who you are or how nice you seem or what you drive. Don't come to my house. I'll protect my animals like I would my family.

Wolftracks, I'm so sorry about the puppies- that had to be gutwrenching. Maybe it's terrible to say, but I'm so glad you were at least able to get your point across to that less-than-human entity who killed them. Makes my blood boil just thinking about it. One thing I worry about when I'm not home is my animals. Everything else can be replaced, but not them.

^My thoughts as well. Someone has a grudge against me, come at me face to face, even if it's a pathetic grudge.

Don't torture, and I believe a slow death by poison is torture, innocent animals.

Personally I think how a person treats an animal says a lot about what a person is capable of ...

Glad your sale went well.
But if you give your home number it is very easy to google or reverse phone # look up. Or if you give your full last name, they can google you and add your city, or person look up with town/city...
They can they can get your address.
Just an FYI
Carol

Quote:
Absolutely, but your name can do this for you too. After my husband died I got a very un-nerving email. Then both mine and my husbands phones started getting hang up phone calls. I used a reverse look up and found out who this persn was. Thankfully those phone calls stopped. While I was on the site I looked up the person who sent the email. I have the name address and lsst 4 addresses where they lived, so Know who and where they are.
These days you don't have to live in the big city to be in danger. Everyone everywhere needs to use a little caution.
Sad I know, but true.

Quote:
Fortunately, I only gave out my cell # (which is registered with my dad, don't live with him but we are on the family plan = cheaper). Didn't give out my last name, either. I'm cage/paranoid that way!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom