Clasifieds

When I've got a breath or two I'll look into ways to make this a better process or even an additional module / modification to the forum. There may be a way to create something to create a easier to read / use / search database of info. I'm not making any promises, especially for right now (crazy busy as it is) but I'm almost going to guarantee this will be added before next year's chick season.

Question Rob. Can the reply function be shut down on that forum so people have to reply via PM or Email? It would stop a lot of issues. Then the OP could edit when items are sold with a note that they are no longer available.

Quote:
Actually... I think I can do this. Basically people could start new topics but nobody could reply.... I don't even know if the original poster could reply, but they could edit their first post.

I wonder if the cons of this would outweigh the pros. Being able to ask questions once and answer them once is a great aspect of the public replies.

I think the best solution will be one or both of the following:

1) Breaking up the BST section into sub sections to make things easier to find and less likely to drop off the front page quickly (easy)

2) Creating a full blown classifieds modification / addon to the forum (hard)

Are there some suggestions on 3 sub categories we could divide BST into that would make things cleaner? Maybe something like: Eggs, chicks & chickens, everything else??

Every poultry and bird forum I frequent splits as for sale, wanted, trade/barter. easy for everyone to understand and A LOT more people list wants that way. Surprising how well the egg swapping sections do also.

Quote:
:eek: Hey, that's my idea! LOL
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom