Clean fluff!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by CCUK, Mar 11, 2018.

1. CCUK

CCUK Free Flying

Jan 21, 2018
    North Notts, UK
    My Coop
    I finally did it! With the multitude of chores, commitments and work to do, cleaning a hens poopy bum hasn't been high on my list of priorities! Today was the day I got round to it!
    So a sink of warm water some baby shampoo plenty of towels a hairdryer and a worried looking hen I made a start!
    DSC_0609.JPG
    DSC_0611.JPG
    DSC_0612.JPG
    DSC_0613.JPG
    She was very good. She only jumped out the sink twice!
    DSC_0614.JPG
    DSC_0616.JPG
    And some treats!
    DSC_0615.JPG
    Voila! Cleanest tush in the coop!!
    DSC_0618.JPG
    One done. Three more to go!!

2. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    :thumbsup Good Job. I prefer to take mine to the garage and have pans of soapy water and clean ready :D.

Chickencountryuk likes this.
  3. CCUK

CCUK Free Flying

Jan 21, 2018
    North Notts, UK
    My Coop
    It was the first time I've done it. I may use a bucket outside next time!

sunflour and Riche Bronson like this.
  4. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    And maybe gloves :th.

I have a couple of greedy hens who require bum baths and toenail care - and admit it took me awhile to get the courage for their first trips to the spa.

5. 4 ever Orpington

4 ever Orpington Mr.& Mrs Orpington

Nov 5, 2017
    Suches,Georgia
    Well done ! :thumbsup

6. Riche Bronson

Riche Bronson Songster

Aug 23, 2015
    Utah

Ha! That first pic- the look on her face says she knows you’re up to something... she’s giving you the eye.. the one that says.. “Mmhmm.. and just what do you have up your sleeve and how badly am I going to hate it?”! She looks nice and clean tho. I’m sure she’s feeling fantastic now that that’s all over and done with! Ha!

I’m off to clean the coop today. It’s sunny and nice.. finally, after 2 solid weeks of blistering cold and unrelenting snow. It’s definitely past due for a good de-mucking and clean dry straw/cedar chips!

Can’t remember what I did with myself (or thought about, read about, obsessed on) prior to chickens placing themselves in my path. ?? Maybe I was just a normal non- obsessed/always preoccupied person back then?

7. CCUK

CCUK Free Flying

Jan 21, 2018
    North Notts, UK
    My Coop
    She's called snowy! She is a bit mucky on her back but I didn't want to totally soak her. Its still a bit cold here.
    They do seem to take over your life though! I don't mind. I love spending time with them and seeing them happy!

Riche Bronson likes this.
  8. Riche Bronson

Riche Bronson Songster

Aug 23, 2015
    Utah
    Perfect name for her! I’m sure she appreciates the bath, now that it’s all finished! I had to totally soak my RIR a couple of weeks ago, so she had to spend the night inside- she wasn’t amused and was glad to get back outside with her pack when morning came. I feel the same way- happy to dedicate a lot of time/energy/thought to them. I can’t find many other things that are any more deserving. They give back a lot too- in the form of eggs, companionship (as weird as that sounds and no matter that 4 years ago I’d have never guessed in a million years I’d be saying that about a chicken haha), and entertainment. I find anymore that I’d rather hang out with them (and the dogs) over most people! They’re much less complicated, quite a bit more loyal.. and seemingly more intelligent than a lot of humans I’ve met.

9. CCUK

CCUK Free Flying

Jan 21, 2018
    North Notts, UK
    My Coop
    So true! No matter how bad my day may have been at work they are always happy to see me! Probably because I feed them! Snowy always wants to jump up and sit on my knee. They always cheer me up!

Riche Bronson likes this.
  10. andreanar

andreanar Crowing

May 16, 2014
    Finger Lakes, NY
    Nice looking butt!!:D

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: