Cleaning your PVC pipe watering system

Do you clean the inside of your PVC pipe watering system? How often?

• DEFINITELY HAVE TO...gets extreme buildup inside

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HAVE TO...gets medium buildup inside

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • WANT TO...gets mild buildup inside

• NEVER...don't need to

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Once a year

• Twice a year

• Once every 3 months

• Once a month

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

Skipcurt

Songster
Jan 10, 2018
Woodstock, GA
Trying to choose between a PVC pipe watering system with horizontal nipples or the 5 gallon bucket system with horizontal nipples.
A conversation with someone I met recently said they used the pipe system first but it ended up getting gunked up inside the pipe and nipples that they switched over to the bucket system. Obviously it is much easier to clean out a bucket than it is trying to clean several feet of attached pipe.

I would vote but to be honest, my answer is actually "never" (shameful, I know) :sick. I've had mine 2 years, never cleaned it... and it's never gotten remotely slimy or anything. I just rinse it out with plain water, refill, and it's good to go.

The little mason jar type waterers on the other hand, I can't seem to keep clean no matter how much scrubbing I do. Go figure.

I would vote but to be honest, my answer is actually "never" (shameful, I know) :sick. I've had mine 2 years, never cleaned it... and it's never gotten remotely slimy or anything. I just rinse it out with plain water, refill, and it's good to go.

The little mason jar type waterers on the other hand, I can't seem to keep clean no matter how much scrubbing I do. Go figure.
Well that's interesting Rose Mary. I didn't even think to include "never". I went ahead and added it. Maybe it'll make a difference in responses.
Maybe this person I spoke with has bad water or something that he had that much gunk in there to make him alter his watering method.

Thank you for your response.

Back
Top Bottom