Closest hatchery to Wa state.

I live in the Tri-City area, and I ordered my chicks at Phinney Hatchery in Walla Walla. They were very friendly. I ordered a Buff Orp, Black Australorp, and a Golden Sex-Link. It's only an hour drive and if I go to their store front I don't have to buy 25 chicks.
cool.png

I was considering ordering from My Pet Chicken but they are just too far away from Washington for 3 chicks.

Last edited:
I bought some of mine from Ideal poultry (TX)--and they were willing to send me just four chicks--It was pretty funny, though, haunting the post office at 5 o'clock in the morning! They arrived in good condition, and the post lady was having fun petting them through the air vents.
big_smile.png
But I was pretty concerned about them coming all this way over the 4th of July holiday...

Ah, Yeah, I was looking at Ideal for a batch of chicks and guineas next spring. Thanks!

And welcome to the site, I used to travel to woodinville often, nice place there.

Last edited:
I like lazy 54 farms, their production birds look great as far as pattern and type so kinda tri-purpose for some (show, meat, eggs) They are also very nice people. Our feed stores order from mcmurrey or phinney, the chicks from phinney were weak.

I have bought from Phinny Hatchery in Walla Wall as well. I have no complaints. Except, they have no website which is probably not the brightest idea. But, they're more catering to production breeds than enthusiasts, and it must be working for them. However giving the ability to point and click elsewhere, phoning them up seems like a pain.

I've also bought marans from www.darkeggs.com and am satisfied. It's still a bit too early to see how they sexed them, though.

Oh and I have bought from Metzer. http://www.metzerfarms.com

Oh, and really for waterfowl, Holderread Waterfowl farm in Corvalis is the best in the nation:

http://www.holderreadfarm.com/

I've bought my breeding stock mainly from them for ducks and geese. I also saw a "looking for a good home" ad at a feed store once up near Chehalis and it was 4 geese with 6 goslings from Holderread. I managed to get those for free by demonstrating vast goose knowledge to the lady, and she was happy to have them come to Greyfields.

We drove to Walla-Walla and got the chicks at Phinney Hatchery today. They are very cute and spunky.
smile.png
They seem healthy. I agree that they should have a website, but calling them up wasn't that hard either.
wink.png

How much do the chicks run at Phinney hatchery? The usual 2-3 for layer? Just curious since even though I log between 2200-3200 minutes a month on the cell phone, calling is too hard!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom