Closest hatchery to Wa state.

Ramona Iwan has some nice birds, they are friends of ours. They have americauna's, polish bantams, frizzle cochins, smooth cochins, silkies, and some others. Her birds are mostly for show but the larger birds also produce enough eggs to earn their keep.

Quote:
ramona has infected birds. ILT, chicken herpes virus which is very deadly. she sold me 12 birds that she knew were ill. I spoke to WA state dept. of agricultre but they didnt seem to care. they were aware though that she had an indected flock for a year prior to her selling me chickens. we had to cull them all so they didnt infect our other birds. it was awful! stay away from Iwans Puoltry and PASS IT ON!!

Maybe I missed it Silkie, but has anyone asked you what you're looking for?

I'm not far from you and if you'd like Ameraucanas or Welsummers, check out my website and other posts on BYC for info regarding my birds. You'll see I only keep the best.

Personally, I won't own another hatchery bird because it costs the same to feed them as a really good bird. However, if you are set on getting birds from a hatchery, I would recommend Monroe Farm & Feed across the street from the Fairgrounds. Kim & Barry are good people, treat you right, prices ain't too bad (not much more if any from a hatchery once you pay shipping), and they take real good care of their chicks. If I remember right they got their chicks from Welp, Phinney, and one other - Privett maybe but not sure.

My best suggestion at this time is to go to the Cascade Show in Monroe on March 21st. If you know what you're looking for, find a Breeder for that bird and see if they can provide you with chicks.

Hope that helps.

God Bless,

Oh, I'm not looking for anything. This thread was brought up from the dead. I posted it back in 2007! Now in 2009, I've downsized AND moved out of state for school!

Just a note: Phinneys no longer hatches chicks--they are buying and reselling in the spring but as of today June 23rd I was told they wouldn't be selling any chicks.
sad.png

random message...but i have several roosters i'm trying to get rid of. i bought day old chicks from sandhill preservation society, hatched june 1st. now 5 weeks old. there are several big, beautiful roosters and we only want to keep the hens (for laying). we have a few roosters of each breed: blue andalusian, black australorp, golden laced wyandotte, silver laced wyandotte, and one white houdan. they are all strong, healthy, curious, friendly, with beautiful feathers and they have developed very quickly (flying, exploring, etc). anyone interested in breeding or showing them please let me know! [email protected]

also, we might be interested in some sort of chicken trade...either hens or possibly a rooster of similar breed (we're thinking about breeding one or two of the breeds....haven't decided which yet) thanks!

I live in Texas and I ordered 10 Buff orps 5 black Jerseys and 20 white silkies from Belt Hatchery in CA. I ordered them on a wed morning (hatch day). I wasn't looking for anything in particular but I just had an order from ideal go on back order (for 5 months!) I spoke to the very nice lady on the phone to see what they had available and she even went out to the hatchery and took a quick inventory of leftovers and called me back within 15 min. They shipped that day! They all arrived in great condition except for one silkie. Over the following week we lost 10 silkies to which I called up Belt and they issued a prompt refund for the lost chicks. From the experience that I had I would recommend them to anyone.

Edit: I did not check the original date on the thread just hit the whats new since last log link, sorry to post on a dead thread.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom