Cloudy Days in the Coop - My Adventures with Chickens.

Pics
Hey, everyone! I just wanted to let you know - I made my first picture albums on BYC recently, my favorite pictures from 2020. One album is for the pictures I took of the forest and the other is for my favorites of the chickens. They’re basically as a look back to 2020 and the highlights in pictures. :) Feel free to check them out! I’m still adding to them, but if one of your favorite pictures from this thread isn’t in the albums, let me know, so I can add them! Have a wonderful day, everyone! :hugs
Wahoo! I've wondered if you would do something like that. I'll check them out!

Well, last night, there was quite a large storm, with heavy rain and high winds. There have been landslides nearby, as well as trees that were uprooted and the power went out. I’m connected to the hospital power line, so I rarely lose power, but last night I had to get out the candles and head downstairs to be safe in case one of the towering trees fell onto my home. Thankfully, none did, though there’s many branches everywhere and some trees have fallen over nearby. Winds in some areas nearby almost reached 70 MPH. 😬 Lots of flooding, too. I’ve rarely seen storms like these, but luckily everyone is alright and my chickens are safe and sound. I hope you all are having a wonderful day!:hugs

Last edited:
@Starburst Lucy, your albums are stunning, I am so glad you put these together!! :hugs
Thank you so much, Leyla! That means a lot to me! It was super fun to put together, and I’m still working on adding some pictures, but I’m so happy to be going back through the pictures from last year and remembering those joyful moments I had. :) I hope your day is full of peace and joy. :hugs

Well, last night, there was quite a large storm, with heavy rain and high winds. There have been landslides nearby, as well as trees that were uprooted and the power went out. I’m connected to the hospital power line, so I rarely lose power, but last night I had to get out the candles and head downstairs to be safe in case one of the towering trees fell onto my home. Thankfully, none did, though there’s many branches everywhere and some trees have fallen over nearby. Winds in some areas nearby almost reached 70 MPH. 😬 I’ve rarely seen storms like these, but luckily everyone is alright and my chickens are safe and sound. I hope you all are having a wonderful day!:hugs
So glad that you're all right, as are your family, home, and chickens. :hugs

Well, last night, there was quite a large storm, with heavy rain and high winds. There have been landslides nearby, as well as trees that were uprooted and the power went out. I’m connected to the hospital power line, so I rarely lose power, but last night I had to get out the candles and head downstairs to be safe in case one of the towering trees fell onto my home. Thankfully, none did, though there’s many branches everywhere and some trees have fallen over nearby. Winds in some areas nearby almost reached 70 MPH. 😬 I’ve rarely seen storms like these, but luckily everyone is alright and my chickens are safe and sound. I hope you all are having a wonderful day!:hugs
Oh no, I am glad you and chickens are ok Lucy! :hugs I saw on the news that a bad storm was coming ashore, I had hoped you weren't in its path. I am glad you are ok and didn't sustain any big damage!!
Thank you so much, Leyla! That means a lot to me! It was super fun to put together, and I’m still working on adding some pictures, but I’m so happy to be going back through the pictures from last year and remembering those joyful moments I had. :) I hope your day is full of peace and joy. :hugs
Yes, I love your albums! I have been meaning to make one but somehow never get around to it. :D Your photos are so deserving of a gallery album!! :love :hugs

Oh no, I am glad you and chickens are ok Lucy! :hugs I saw on the news that a bad storm was coming ashore, I had hoped you weren't in its path. I am glad you are ok and didn't sustain any big damage!!

Yes, I love your albums! I have been meaning to make one but somehow never get around to it. :D Your photos are so deserving of a gallery album!! :love :hugs
I can’t tell you how glad I was not to receive any severe damage. Now, the sun has come out, and the entire forest is full of light right now.
Thank you so, so much, Leyla! I’ve really been enjoying taking the pictures and adding them, and thank you for being there to offer kind, encouraging, and enthusiastic words with each of the pictures I share. It really encourages me to keep taking those pictures. :hugs

Well, last night, there was quite a large storm, with heavy rain and high winds. There have been landslides nearby, as well as trees that were uprooted and the power went out. I’m connected to the hospital power line, so I rarely lose power, but last night I had to get out the candles and head downstairs to be safe in case one of the towering trees fell onto my home. Thankfully, none did, though there’s many branches everywhere and some trees have fallen over nearby. Winds in some areas nearby almost reached 70 MPH. 😬 Lots of flooding, too. I’ve rarely seen storms like these, but luckily everyone is alright and my chickens are safe and sound. I hope you all are having a wonderful day!:hugs
Washington weather sounds crazy! Stay safe, and enjoy the nature as best you can :hugs

Hello, everyone! I hope you all are doing well. :hugs
These past days have been on the chillier side, usually sticking around in the 20’s - not that I’m complaining! :lol: (Well, except for those frozen waterers - but that’s part of the joys of chicken keeping!)
Despite the chill, some of the chickens have already begun to resume their laying, and buds are peeking out. As @TwoCrows said, Spring is just around the corner!
The girls got a little free-range time, and they certainly enjoyed it! The sky has been clouds for the past several weeks - but that’s not that big of a surprise. :D (Last year I didn’t get an officially sunny day from November to late February. :D )
Anyway, some pictures!
572B415A-8D8F-41C3-BF95-EB62F2DEB9A7.jpeg

3B973A88-A1A6-4C72-9A4B-F6BCAC0383F6.jpeg

067AAB5D-E0D3-41C5-8C49-1D7528F6B318.jpeg

7989D2A8-9AAD-441A-90E9-0521EF200282.jpeg

B51219EF-A84C-4A1D-B663-02E8E524B5CA.jpeg

363EB93D-1C15-45D4-A795-C18DB74EC5B0.jpeg

33DF3DC0-36B8-458D-9725-73B503EDCF90.jpeg

C25D2296-77B5-4C45-9DFD-83348F64F2A6.jpeg

4A8768CA-C5A3-46FE-BB1B-8F9FB1FF5188.jpeg

A0E9F9E8-369F-4B79-BE11-7F7599350DF5.jpeg

916AA13E-38D9-4C83-82B2-12BB31BEFE11.jpeg

354A45D6-CE50-447A-9789-964567D195E3.jpeg

I hope all of you are having a wonderful day, full of peace, joy, comfort, and love. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom