Cloudy Days in the Coop - My Adventures with Chickens.

Pics
@Starburst Oh gosh I am so sorry about Ponyo!!! :hugs Its very stressful when they get sick. I am a total mess when one of them isn't well. How is she today? No need to apologize Lucy, we all have rough days in the flock and totally understand how difficult this is. I hope she heals soon!! :hugs Sending prayers and messages to the heavens, 🙏 for perfect healing! Keep us posted Lucy!! :hugs :love
Leyla, your kind and encouraging words brought tears to my eyes. I am so lucky to have gotten to know you on here! :hugs
Unfortunately, she’s doing worse, and is spending the majority of her time laying on the ground, eyes closed, panting, barely eating or drinking, and rocking back and forth. :(
No matter what happens, I’m spending as much time with her as possible, and clinging to hope and prayer that she’ll heal, and if not, that she’ll pass peacefully. ❤️

Leyla, your kind and encouraging words brought tears to my eyes. I am so lucky to have gotten to know you on here! :hugs
Unfortunately, she’s doing worse, and is spending the majority of her time laying on the ground, eyes closed, panting, barely eating or drinking, and rocking back and forth. :(
No matter what happens, I’m spending as much time with her as possible, and clinging to hope and prayer that she’ll heal, and if not, that she’ll pass peacefully. ❤️
Oh poor Ponyo! Keep her warm, sick birds do not heal and can go be a bit shocky which makes them cold. So you might bring her inside, maybe add a heat lamp. I am so sorry Lucy, :hugs it hurts so badly to see them suffering especially when you don't know what's wrong. Keep her comfortable, she knows she is loved by you. I will keep up the prayers!! 🙏 💖💕💖 :hugs

Hey, everyone! I hope all is well, and happy Saint Patrick’s Day, to all those who celebrate! :hugs
I was going to post some cute pictures of the chicks, however, something happened today that was very hard for me and the flock, so I’ll be sharing about that instead.
I’m sorry to say that I’m too exhausted to write it all up, but basically, Ponyo is sick. We think she may be egg bound...?
I’ve been taking care of her for this entire afternoon, and I just put her to bed. I’m praying that she will be alright.
Here’s the link for more details:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/rir-acting-lethargic-please-help.1451437/

@TwoCrows, @Sapphire Sebright, @PioneerChicks, I’m really sorry that this post isn’t like my usual cheerful ones - but I did want to let you know about this.
Thank you for your understanding, and I hope you each are having a lovely day! :hugs
View attachment 2574551
I'm so sorry. :hugs
Have you checked her vent for an egg?

Oh poor Ponyo! Keep her warm, sick birds do not heal and can go be a bit shocky which makes them cold. So you might bring her inside, maybe add a heat lamp. I am so sorry Lucy, :hugs it hurts so badly to see them suffering especially when you don't know what's wrong. Keep her comfortable, she knows she is loved by you. I will keep up the prayers!! 🙏 💖💕💖 :hugs
Thank you, Leyla, again for being such an amazing and compassionate person - she’s currently inside in a cozy box...the heat lamp is being used for the chicks, but I’m getting a heating pad set up to keep her warm. Thank you so much for your advice, and your kind words mean so much more than I can say. 💖 :hugs

Hey, everyone! I hope you all are doing well! :hugs
I know...long time no see! So much has been going on here at the coop since I last posted, so let’s just dive right in! I’m going to be gradually posting to fill you all in.
First of all, as you all may know, Ponyo, my beloved, sweet, and funny little hen sadly passed away in March, to what I think was cancer. Ponyo was a delightful friend, and it brings tears to my eyes remembering all the fond memories we had. From her strutting through the house as she owned it, to scratching at the front door in hopes of getting some ramen, I will always remember her. My precious baby is laid to rest in her favorite spot in the yard. Rest in peace, Ponyo. You will never be forgotten, and you will always be cherished. ❤️
My last picture of her before she was gone:
3C84BDFB-5DB4-4955-8386-70872EAA9ED8.jpeg

Where she is buried:
FCA7162E-D9F2-4E7C-9FB0-EFF4FDC1CE20.jpeg

Rest in peace, Ponyo. It breaks my heart to see you go, but you will forever be cherished. ❤️
DD9EC76B-D3B5-4548-A73D-C4EBF0245795.jpeg

(@Sapphire Sebright, @PioneerChicks, and @TwoCrows, I’m back, and so is Cloudy Days in The Coop! I’m sorry it's been so long and that I’ve been neglecting the thread. I hope each of you are having a wonderful day filled with peace, hope, joy, love, and comfort! ):hugs

Back
Top Bottom