Cloudy Days in the Coop - My Adventures with Chickens.

Pics
I can never tell the difference between Cuckoo Marans and Barred Rocks. :p Yes shes the one that got injured after the hawk got in, isn't she? She looks great now! :)

Sounds like you may have gotten snow last night. It's been lightly snowing all day but it's not adding up to more than a half inch. I think the ground is still too warm for much accumulation but its supposed to keep snowing through to Wednesday so either way its wet and great for the land! I will keep you posted on accumulation totals. :p :hugs
I can barely tell the difference between the two breeds to. :D Yes, Kiki is the one who was attacked, and I’m so proud of how hard she’s working to get better! She’s practically good as new!
I am so glad to hear about the snow in your area! Do your chickens like the snow? :D So exciting that your land is getting a nice, cold watering! :)

I can barely tell the difference between the two breeds to. :D Yes, Kiki is the one who was attacked, and I’m so proud of how hard she’s working to get better! She’s practically good as new!
I am so glad to hear about the snow in your area! Do your chickens like the snow? :D So exciting that your land is getting a nice, cold watering! :)
Its dropped down to 18° F now, ripping breeze, flakes still flying. Supposed to go down to 6° tonight. Right now I only have the one hen, 10+ yr old Henny. She's a part house/coop bird, spends sometime here in the house, the rest of the time outside or in the coop. She is TERRIFIED of snow. :D I may turn on the panel heater tonight in the coop for her since she is so old and doesn't have other chicken bodies to snuggle with. My flocks in the past learned to actually like snow, as babies it was also extremely scary stuff. :D

Its dropped down to 18° F now, ripping breeze, flakes still flying. Supposed to go down to 6° tonight. Right now I only have the one hen, 10+ yr old Henny. She's a part house/coop bird, spends sometime here in the house, the rest of the time outside or in the coop. She is TERRIFIED of snow. :D I may turn on the panel heater tonight in the coop for her since she is so old and doesn't have other chicken bodies to snuggle with. My flocks in the past learned to actually like snow, as babies it was also extremely scary stuff. :D
6 Fahrenheit?! That’s freezing!
Hopefully Henny is staying calm in the snow. For my own hens, they absolutely despise it! I hope Henny stays nice and warm tonight!

6 Fahrenheit?! That’s freezing!
Hopefully Henny is staying calm in the snow. For my own hens, they absolutely despise it! I hope Henny stays nice and warm tonight!
Thanks Starburst! I will tuck her in warm tonight. She can't roost anymore due to arthritis so she sleeps on a pile of hay on the floor. I will make it nice a deep tonight and with the added heat from the panel heater, it should stay in the 20s in her corner. She'll be fine. I will send you our extra snow so your hens can play in it too. :D

Thanks Starburst! I will tuck her in warm tonight. She can't roost anymore due to arthritis so she sleeps on a pile of hay on the floor. I will make it nice a deep tonight and with the added heat from the panel heater, it should stay in the 20s in her corner. She'll be fine. I will send you our extra snow so your hens can play in it too. :D
Glad she’ll be nice and cozy. :D I honestly wouldn’t mind living in a cozy coop like that!

Glad she’ll be nice and cozy. :D I honestly wouldn’t mind living in a cozy coop like that!
It's 10° right now, we had 6 inches of snow fall over night. Its still dark outside so I haven't gone up to the coop yet, I am sure she's all snuggly, I really fluffed up the hay around her last night and left the panel heater on. :D

It's 10° right now, we had 6 inches of snow fall over night. Its still dark outside so I haven't gone up to the coop yet, I am sure she's all snuggly, I really fluffed up the hay around her last night and left the panel heater on. :D
Well, I saw this a little late, but I’m going to pretend it’s still Tuesday. :D 10 Degrees?! That’s so cold...🥶 Is there still snow now? I bet she stayed nice and toasty. :)

Well, I saw this a little late, but I’m going to pretend it’s still Tuesday. :D 10 Degrees?! That’s so cold...🥶 Is there still snow now? I bet she stayed nice and toasty. :)
She was nice and toasty that morning, she had made a little nest of hay around her, she looked so cozy! :D Yes snow is melting!! :woot Its in the mid 50s, partly cloudy, but a very nice day out.
Good morning, Leyla! I hope you’re having a wonderful day! My chickens are having a lovely day, I’ll post a few pictures in a second! :)
I will be egg-cited to see them!! :)

Back
Top Bottom