Cloudy Days in the Coop - My Adventures with Chickens.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!! I hope all of you have a wonderful day full of joy, peace, gratitude, and, of course, yummy food!
Today, I gave my chickens a treat of grapes and pumpkin muffins, complete with live mealworms from my mealworm farm on top as ā€sprinkles.ā€ I let them out to free-range and enjoy the beautiful day ( Yes, itā€™s cloudy, but itā€™s not rainy, and thatā€™s a nice enough day for me! :D). Weā€™ve been having quite a bit of rain over here, and Mochi is getting very muddy. I might have to give her a bath soon. :lol: Oh! Speaking of Mochi, she started laying! I wentinto the coop to tidy up and found a whole clutch in the corner. She seemed to know I had found out, because right then she burst into an egg song. :)
My chickens were ecstatic about the treat and tore into it quite happily. Here are some pictures:
View attachment 2426250
View attachment 2426254
View attachment 2426256
Love the gleam of joy in Bobaā€™s eyes in the picture below! šŸ„°
View attachment 2426257
View attachment 2426258
View attachment 2426260
Ponyo was very excited about the grapes in the picture below, as you can see. :D
View attachment 2426263
View attachment 2426264
View attachment 2426266
View attachment 2426268
View attachment 2426269
View attachment 2426271
Beautiful photos! It looks like your flock is enjoying their day!

Happy thanksgiving!

Also, Iā€™d like to thank all of you who are following my thread and taking part in all of my fun adventures with my sweet hens. :) Particularly @TwoCrows, @Sapphire Sebright, and @PioneerChicks. All of you are such amazing people! Thank you for your kind words, your encouragement, and just being there, reading about my fun little tales about my chickens and looking at the pictures that I take. And thank you for your patience when I say Iā€™m going to post a picture and practically a whole month passes by! Thanks again!
I love following your adventures! You're an awesome person :hugs

Hey, PioneerChicks! The flock is doing great! Planning to get some pictures tomorrow when it gets light out. Also hoping to decorate the coop soon for the holidays. :) We had some sunny sky (I feel bad for not getting any pictures of the rare wonder ). I hope youā€™re having a wonderful day! :hugs
I have been having a great day! It has been sunny out and birds are everywhere.

I can't wait for pictures! :hugs

Sometimes, especially as winter sets in, I am discouraged to walk outside to get pictures, only to find the Autumn leaves, the flowers, and other things to be...gone. My first thought is, Thereā€™s nothing beautiful left. But really, thatā€™s not the case. That dead flower might have lost its color, but itā€™s still beautiful in its own way. The shriveled mushrooms that look like nothing at first glance actually seem to glow with mystery and beauty, with small, intricate details. The evergreens still have their vivid green needles. The moss still offers a soft touch to the forest. The birds, while many have left, still sing their sweet songs. As I look closer, I realize that there is beauty in every season, no matter how it may look on the surface. And at last, camera aimed for a fallen flower, I smile.
The chickens have been enjoying beautiful days with little rain, just clouds. Today, I let the flock out to free-range, and theyā€™ve spent their time running around, grabbing fresh bugs and other forage as they go. :) Mochi was especially adorable as she followed me all over the yard as I took pictures, her fluffy legs toddling after me. After a while, I had to scoop her up and give her some snuggles šŸ„°
3134BF20-FCAA-404E-A62C-D8C071CEA51E.jpeg

7C6F1A51-089C-4943-A838-0153E1F1CD72.jpeg
DBA00A3B-7E77-434B-B8B6-5FD5BA987CC8.jpeg

56F5F11B-7159-42FF-AFFE-00ED42BBA1F1.jpeg

16C9D71C-6812-4E4F-980C-177E26BA8D4F.jpeg
A1B5CDE2-C87D-4460-AA20-570A5389CE56.jpeg

7F4D6683-AABE-4DA9-8D5B-8F00001678DF.jpeg

610D25C8-59FB-45B4-865A-1F588B7B2454.jpeg

5EFAF910-E622-4214-A510-C9AC956E4BA0.jpeg

7EF07FAC-4B71-4103-A84B-09BC59EC152B.jpeg

12383696-127D-4520-B44D-2EBE3685EF6F.jpeg

Sometimes, especially as winter sets in, I am discouraged to walk outside to get pictures, only to find the Autumn leaves, the flowers, and other things to be...gone. My first thought is, Thereā€™s nothing beautiful left. But really, thatā€™s not the case. That dead flower might have lost its color, but itā€™s still beautiful in its own way. The shriveled mushrooms that look like nothing at first glance actually seem to glow with mystery and beauty, with small, intricate details. The evergreens still have their vivid green needles. The moss still offers a soft touch to the forest. The birds, while many have left, still sing their sweet songs. As I look closer, I realize that there is beauty in every season, no matter how it may look on the surface. And at last, camera aimed for a fallen flower, I smile.
The chickens have been enjoying beautiful days with little rain, just clouds. Today, I let the flock out to free-range, and theyā€™ve spent their time running around, grabbing fresh bugs and other forage as they go. :) Mochi was especially adorable as she followed me all over the yard as I took pictures, her fluffy legs toddling after me. After a while, I had to scoop her up and give her some snuggles šŸ„°
View attachment 2439093
View attachment 2439094View attachment 2439098
View attachment 2439103
View attachment 2439105View attachment 2439109
View attachment 2439117
View attachment 2439121
View attachment 2439125
View attachment 2439127
View attachment 2439129
Such beautiful photos again, as expected!

Also, just a quick little tip -- dried-out hydrangea balls can be used as bedding. They take some time to gather, and they compress rather a lot, but they work pretty well as something for the nesting boxes if you're waiting for shavings or hay.
Speaking of hay, hay has become my new favorite nestbox bedding. It smells nice and is fluffy, warm, and easy to handle. We haven't been finding as many broken eggs since we swapped -- it's easy to clean out, too.

Rant over, sorry about that. Gorgeous pictures, Starburst!

Such beautiful photos again, as expected!

Also, just a quick little tip -- dried-out hydrangea balls can be used as bedding. They take some time to gather, and they compress rather a lot, but they work pretty well as something for the nesting boxes if you're waiting for shavings or hay.
Speaking of hay, hay has become my new favorite nestbox bedding. It smells nice and is fluffy, warm, and easy to handle. We haven't been finding as many broken eggs since we swapped -- it's easy to clean out, too.

Rant over, sorry about that. Gorgeous pictures, Starburst!
Well, if that's a rant, that's the nicest rant I've ever heard of! :D Thank you so much for the tip, by the way! I'll have to try it sometime! And thank you for always being there to encourage me. You're an amazing person! I hope you're having a wonderful day!

Well, if that's a rant, that's the nicest rant I've ever heard of! :D Thank you so much for the tip, by the way! I'll have to try it sometime! And thank you for always being there to encourage me. You're an amazing person! I hope you're having a wonderful day!
You, too! Thanks.
I got some nice snow pictures this morning, by the way -- would you object if I shared a few?

Back
Top Bottom