Cloudy Days in the Coop - My Adventures with Chickens.

Pics
I agree! I'm having a lot of fun with them! :D

I was scrolling back through my old pictures on this thread and was surprised to see how much my photography skills have developed since I first started this thread!
Before:
View attachment 2498165
After:
View attachment 2498166

Thank you everyone so much for always encouraging me to keep practicing, and for giving me the chance to share my daily life and adventures with the flock. Thank you so much again - it means a lot more to me than I could possibly express with words. View attachment 2498173
That's what we've been trying to tell you Lucy, you have a wonderful eye for photography! You have skills!!!! :) 📷

I like the sneak attack hugger, coming at you Lucy!
tackle.gif

Love all the emojis! :lol:

Hello, everyone! I hope you all are doing well. :hugs
These past days have been on the chillier side, usually sticking around in the 20’s - not that I’m complaining! :lol: (Well, except for those frozen waterers - but that’s part of the joys of chicken keeping!)
Despite the chill, some of the chickens have already begun to resume their laying, and buds are peeking out. As @TwoCrows said, Spring is just around the corner!
The girls got a little free-range time, and they certainly enjoyed it! The sky has been clouds for the past several weeks - but that’s not that big of a surprise. :D (Last year I didn’t get an officially sunny day from November to late February. :D )
Anyway, some pictures!
View attachment 2498052
View attachment 2498055
View attachment 2498057
View attachment 2498058
View attachment 2498059
View attachment 2498060
View attachment 2498064
View attachment 2498061
View attachment 2498062
View attachment 2498065
View attachment 2498066
View attachment 2498067
I hope all of you are having a wonderful day, full of peace, joy, comfort, and love. :hugs
And I've been complaining about freezing to death with temps between 30-40 F! The chickens look so happy!

You have a great day too!

I agree! I'm having a lot of fun with them! :D

I was scrolling back through my old pictures on this thread and was surprised to see how much my photography skills have developed since I first started this thread!
Before:
View attachment 2498165
After:
View attachment 2498166

Thank you everyone so much for always encouraging me to keep practicing, and for giving me the chance to share my daily life and adventures with the flock. Thank you so much again - it means a lot more to me than I could possibly express with words. View attachment 2498173
It is crazy how much you can change with just a bit of practice!

After quite some time of pounding rain, the skies are no longer drenching me and my flock, and today, there was a beautiful mist, with the sun and hints of blue sky peeking around the clouds. :) I think the chickens are enjoying the break in the rain as well, and are clamoring to free-range. Perhaps I’ll let them out for some supervised time later today. :D Also, my 3rd-year-of-keeping-chickens-anniversary is coming up! (I brought my first little chicks home on February 17th, 2018! 😊 I always give a little celebration for their “birthday” so I’ll be sure to send some pictures! :D )
3D0E2C1C-E4D2-49A7-9E1F-76E1C040B0E7.jpeg

CD71892C-3B1C-4250-A3B9-2FA897E25BF8.jpeg

4BD93FFA-C776-4775-BC0E-7BBC3B04D1A1.jpeg

56747AE0-53C4-4C2D-91C9-C93DA69F7102.jpeg

2A071C16-3353-45D3-9318-C77093E23F79.jpeg

1FCB94D6-F235-4DA8-A866-B5485FD07E61.jpeg

F42412FF-A1A3-42FC-9F28-1D784EA6A360.jpeg

CDA2CBA6-935C-47A1-A896-15D97BE02A2B.jpeg

495C1F10-5E6E-4497-8512-EB19AD53884F.jpeg

B5B74AA5-98B2-4BB6-9C01-BB5E07F337A9.jpeg

After quite some time of pounding rain, the skies are no longer drenching me and my flock, and today, there was a beautiful mist, with the sun and hints of blue sky peeking around the clouds. :) I think the chickens are enjoying the break in the rain as well, and are clamoring to free-range. Perhaps I’ll let them out for some supervised time later today. :D Also, my 3rd-year-of-keeping-chickens-anniversary is coming up! (I brought my first little chicks home on February 17th, 2018! 😊 I always give a little celebration for their “birthday” so I’ll be sure to send some pictures! :D )
View attachment 2514604
View attachment 2514606
View attachment 2514607
View attachment 2514609
View attachment 2514611
View attachment 2514613
View attachment 2514615
View attachment 2514616
View attachment 2514617
View attachment 2514618
Very nice photos Lucy! Glad your rain backed off a bit, you really need to send some of that down here. :p Oooh, can't wait to see Birthday photos! I always celebrate their B-Days no matter how old they are. Not only is it fun to spoil them, but the day you brought them home was a big day in your life and theirs, turned your world completely around! It needs to be celebrated. :) Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos Lucy! :hugs

View attachment 2514604
View attachment 2514606
View attachment 2514607
View attachment 2514609
View attachment 2514611
View attachment 2514613
View attachment 2514615
View attachment 2514616
View attachment 2514617
View attachment 2514618
It looks beautiful over there! I'm glad your weather cleared up! I can't wait for birthday photos!

Happy 3rd Birthday to my flock!!! (I’m not quite sure when their actual birthday is, but we have to celebrate it at some point, right? And this is the third anniversary of my keeping chickens, so it sounds right to me! :D )
Anyway, I am so excited and so proud of my flock! It’s always been a dream of mine to keep chickens, and now I’ve kept them for 3 years!!! :wee
I would like to take a little time to remember the chickens that are sadly no longer with me:
Tilly was the sweetest little hen of all time. Her full name being Matilda, she was a Barred Rock and one of the 6 chicks I took home with me that started this beautiful journey. She was a joy in my life, and even though she was blind since the time I brought her home, it only made us grow closer. We would spend afternoons together, with me hand feeding her and protecting her from any bullies. However, her blindness did make her more vulnerable, and in the Fall, when she was still only a pullet, her life was taken by an unknown predator. She was my first loss in the flock, and it absolutely ripped my heart in two. I’ll never forget my sweet little baby. May she rest in peace. ❤️
Saoirse was another hen who was dear to my heart. A sweet Welsummer, she was two years old when she was killed by a coyote in the summer of 2020. My heart aches remembering the day when I discovered the tragedy that had occurred. I pray that her death wasn’t a painful one, and that she now is at rest without pain or terror.
I know that the majority of you knew who Boba was. The sweetest, fluffiest, friendliest, and most comforting Silkie, tears still sting my eyes when I remember the day she was taken, and the loss that occurred. It is almost like when the predator took her, so young, it also took a piece of my heart. May she rest in peace. ❤️
Now, back to today! I made the girls some popcorn, which I put in a container and added some blueberry “sprinkles” I then stuck several tomatoes onto a skewer and added a candle at the top. There aren’t too many pictures, but, oh well. And yes, I got a lot of snow recently!
(Because the pictures have been acting weird recently, this post might have double pictures...and yes, my profile is still up for Valentine's Day. I’m going to change it soon, don’t worry! Might already be changed by the time you see this post...) Thank you everyone for staying with me in my journey with my flock and for taking part in these adventures. I hope all of you are having a blessed week, full of light, hope, joy, peace, and love! :hugs
75C968D4-49DD-44EC-959C-1100AEB09A75.jpeg

CD12C6A9-5A32-41D7-988C-C45B97FAFACD.jpeg

D13642BC-B4EE-429F-BFBF-B8C703E79EE4.jpeg
88DC042B-92C8-4F37-9444-A7EC1C878B6D.jpeg

E59FC85C-F3C9-4348-9511-9B725F997685.jpeg

Happy 3rd Birthday to my flock!!! (I’m not quite sure when their actual birthday is, but we have to celebrate it at some point, right? And this is the third anniversary of my keeping chickens, so it sounds right to me! :D )
Anyway, I am so excited and so proud of my flock! It’s always been a dream of mine to keep chickens, and now I’ve kept them for 3 years!!! :wee
I would like to take a little time to remember the chickens that are sadly no longer with me:
Tilly was the sweetest little hen of all time. Her full name being Matilda, she was a Barred Rock and one of the 6 chicks I took home with me that started this beautiful journey. She was a joy in my life, and even though she was blind since the time I brought her home, it only made us grow closer. We would spend afternoons together, with me hand feeding her and protecting her from any bullies. However, her blindness did make her more vulnerable, and in the Fall, when she was still only a pullet, her life was taken by an unknown predator. She was my first loss in the flock, and it absolutely ripped my heart in two. I’ll never forget my sweet little baby. May she rest in peace. ❤️
Saoirse was another hen who was dear to my heart. A sweet Welsummer, she was two years old when she was killed by a coyote in the summer of 2020. My heart aches remembering the day when I discovered the tragedy that had occurred. I pray that her death wasn’t a painful one, and that she now is at rest without pain or terror.
I know that the majority of you knew who Boba was. The sweetest, fluffiest, friendliest, and most comforting Silkie, tears still sting my eyes when I remember the day she was taken, and the loss that occurred. It is almost like when the predator took her, so young, it also took a piece of my heart. May she rest in peace. ❤️
Now, back to today! I made the girls some popcorn, which I put in a container and added some blueberry “sprinkles” I then stuck several tomatoes onto a skewer and added a candle at the top. There aren’t too many pictures, but, oh well. And yes, I got a lot of snow recently!
(Because the pictures have been acting weird recently, this post might have double pictures...and yes, my profile is still up for Valentine's Day. I’m going to change it soon, don’t worry! Might already be changed by the time you see this post...) Thank you everyone for staying with me in my journey with my flock and for taking part in these adventures. I hope all of you are having a blessed week, full of light, hope, joy, peace, and love! :hugs
View attachment 2534389
View attachment 2534390
View attachment 2534391View attachment 2534392
View attachment 2534395
@Starburst beautiful photos, a very fun birthday party! Happy Birthday girls!! 🎈 🎉 🎁 They look so happy and excited to eat their Birthday goodies. I always celebrate their B-days, it's just fun to spoil them! Massive hugs to you for the ones you lost. :hugs Beautiful profile banner too Lucy! 💖 Thanks for sharing the flock's special day! Love and hugs across the miles Lucy!! :love :hugs

Back
Top Bottom