Cloudy Days in the Coop - My Adventures with Chickens.

@Starburst beautiful photos, a very fun birthday party! Happy Birthday girls!! šŸŽˆ šŸŽ‰ šŸŽ They look so happy and excited to eat their Birthday goodies. I always celebrate their B-days, it's just fun to spoil them! Massive hugs to you for the ones you lost. :hugs Beautiful profile banner too Lucy! šŸ’– Thanks for sharing the flock's special day! Love and hugs across the miles Lucy!! :love :hugs
Thank you so very much, Leyla! I do believe that the chickens had quite a bit of fun free-ranging for a while and devouring their treats! :love I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who likes to throw celebrations for their flock! :hugs Thank you for your thoughtful and comforting words, I can feel the compassion in them even from here. :hugsAnd thank you! I'm quite fond of the profile banner as well! I love yours too, so pretty!!! šŸ’• Thank you again, Leyla, for always being so kind and inspiring! Hugs! :hugs

Happy 3rd Birthday to my flock!!! (Iā€™m not quite sure when their actual birthday is, but we have to celebrate it at some point, right? And this is the third anniversary of my keeping chickens, so it sounds right to me! :D )
Anyway, I am so excited and so proud of my flock! Itā€™s always been a dream of mine to keep chickens, and now Iā€™ve kept them for 3 years!!! :wee
I would like to take a little time to remember the chickens that are sadly no longer with me:
Tilly was the sweetest little hen of all time. Her full name being Matilda, she was a Barred Rock and one of the 6 chicks I took home with me that started this beautiful journey. She was a joy in my life, and even though she was blind since the time I brought her home, it only made us grow closer. We would spend afternoons together, with me hand feeding her and protecting her from any bullies. However, her blindness did make her more vulnerable, and in the Fall, when she was still only a pullet, her life was taken by an unknown predator. She was my first loss in the flock, and it absolutely ripped my heart in two. Iā€™ll never forget my sweet little baby. May she rest in peace. ā¤ļø
Saoirse was another hen who was dear to my heart. A sweet Welsummer, she was two years old when she was killed by a coyote in the summer of 2020. My heart aches remembering the day when I discovered the tragedy that had occurred. I pray that her death wasnā€™t a painful one, and that she now is at rest without pain or terror.
I know that the majority of you knew who Boba was. The sweetest, fluffiest, friendliest, and most comforting Silkie, tears still sting my eyes when I remember the day she was taken, and the loss that occurred. It is almost like when the predator took her, so young, it also took a piece of my heart. May she rest in peace. ā¤ļø
Now, back to today! I made the girls some popcorn, which I put in a container and added some blueberry ā€œsprinklesā€ I then stuck several tomatoes onto a skewer and added a candle at the top. There arenā€™t too many pictures, but, oh well. And yes, I got a lot of snow recently!
(Because the pictures have been acting weird recently, this post might have double pictures...and yes, my profile is still up for Valentine's Day. Iā€™m going to change it soon, donā€™t worry! Might already be changed by the time you see this post...) Thank you everyone for staying with me in my journey with my flock and for taking part in these adventures. I hope all of you are having a blessed week, full of light, hope, joy, peace, and love! :hugs
View attachment 2534389
View attachment 2534390
View attachment 2534391View attachment 2534392
View attachment 2534395
Love your new profile picture and banner!

Aw, their little cake is so cute! Happy birthday to them!
I never celebrate b-days and if I did there would be too many cakes to make :oops:

Enjoy the snow and have a great day!

Love your new profile picture and banner!

Aw, their little cake is so cute! Happy birthday to them!
I never celebrate b-days and if I did there would be too many cakes to make :oops:

Enjoy the snow and have a great day!
Thank you! šŸ˜Š
I know many people who don't celebrate birthdays - and that's completely fine with me! I bet there would be a ton of cakes that you'd have to make! :hugs
Thank you again, and I certainly will! (Though most of the snow has melted with the new onslaught of rain. :D )
I hope you have a wonderful day as well, and that it will be blessed with peace, hope, joy, and love! :hugs

Thank you so very much, Leyla! I do believe that the chickens had quite a bit of fun free-ranging for a while and devouring their treats! :love I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who likes to throw celebrations for their flock! :hugs Thank you for your thoughtful and comforting words, I can feel the compassion in them even from here. :hugsAnd thank you! I'm quite fond of the profile banner as well! I love yours too, so pretty!!! šŸ’• Thank you again, Leyla, for always being so kind and inspiring! Hugs! :hugs
:love :hugs :love

Hello, everyone! I hope each of you is doing well! :hugs As I think a few of you know, this Saturday, I brought home 7 new, adorable baby chicks! I donā€™t have too many pictures at the moment, but I hope to get some more soon! I have a Welsummer, a Brahma, a Starlight Green Egger, a Sapphire Gem, a Barnevelder, a Plymouth Rock, and a Speckled Sussex!
Iā€™m do excited right now, and my heart is melting from the cuteness!!! :love
Here is the Welsummer (to be named)
C16585E4-89A0-4D35-914A-4F1571DDA982.jpeg

I'd love to thank all of you who have been following along, particularly @TwoCrows, @Sapphire Sebright, and @PioneerChicks. Thank you, each of you, for encouraging me and comforting me during hard times, for sticking around even when I leave for weeks on end, for supporting me as I experience this wonderful journey with chickens, and for celebrating with me as I bring home new baby chicks! Thank you! :hugs

Hello, everyone! I hope each of you is doing well! :hugs As I think a few of you know, this Saturday, I brought home 7 new, adorable baby chicks! I donā€™t have too many pictures at the moment, but I hope to get some more soon! I have a Welsummer, a Brahma, a Starlight Green Egger, a Sapphire Gem, a Barnevelder, a Plymouth Rock, and a Speckled Sussex!
Iā€™m do excited right now, and my heart is melting from the cuteness!!! :love
Here is the Welsummer (to be named)
View attachment 2561843
I'd love to thank all of you who have been following along, particularly @TwoCrows, @Sapphire Sebright, and @PioneerChicks. Thank you, each of you, for encouraging me and comforting me during hard times, for sticking around even when I leave for weeks on end, for supporting me as I experience this wonderful journey with chickens, and for celebrating with me as I bring home new baby chicks! Thank you! :hugs
Aww, she's adorable! Welcome to the barnyard, chicks! Do you have room in your coop or are you buying/building a new one?

Don't mention it :hugs

Hey, everyone! I hope all is well, and happy Saint Patrickā€™s Day, to all those who celebrate! :hugs
I was going to post some cute pictures of the chicks, however, something happened today that was very hard for me and the flock, so Iā€™ll be sharing about that instead.
Iā€™m sorry to say that Iā€™m too exhausted to write it all up, but basically, Ponyo is sick. We think she may be egg bound...?
Iā€™ve been taking care of her for this entire afternoon, and I just put her to bed. Iā€™m praying that she will be alright.
Hereā€™s the link for more details:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/rir-acting-lethargic-please-help.1451437/

@TwoCrows, @Sapphire Sebright, @PioneerChicks, Iā€™m really sorry that this post isnā€™t like my usual cheerful ones - but I did want to let you know about this.
Thank you for your understanding, and I hope you each are having a lovely day! :hugs
1616035296786.jpeg

Hey, everyone! I hope all is well, and happy Saint Patrickā€™s Day, to all those who celebrate! :hugs
I was going to post some cute pictures of the chicks, however, something happened today that was very hard for me and the flock, so Iā€™ll be sharing about that instead.
Iā€™m sorry to say that Iā€™m too exhausted to write it all up, but basically, Ponyo is sick. We think she may be egg bound...?
Iā€™ve been taking care of her for this entire afternoon, and I just put her to bed. Iā€™m praying that she will be alright.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/rir-acting-lethargic-please-help.1451437/

@TwoCrows, @Sapphire Sebright, @PioneerChicks, Iā€™m really sorry that this post isnā€™t like my usual cheerful ones - but I did want to let you know about this.
Thank you for your understanding, and I hope you each are having a lovely day! :hugs
View attachment 2574551
Aww, I hope she gets better. I'm sure you're doing a great job caring for her! She and you are in my prayers :hugs

View attachment 2574551
@Starburst Oh gosh I am so sorry about Ponyo!!! :hugs Its very stressful when they get sick. I am a total mess when one of them isn't well. How is she today? No need to apologize Lucy, we all have rough days in the flock and totally understand how difficult this is. I hope she heals soon!! :hugs Sending prayers and messages to the heavens, šŸ™ for perfect healing! Keep us posted Lucy!! :hugs :love

Back
Top Bottom