Cluckmazing Facts~ (A New Facts Daily)

New Page?

• Put all the facts 1-21 on separate page

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Put all the facts 1-21 on this page

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would name mine, but even if they can remember their names, I couldn’t. How do we know they recognize their names and those of their flock? I think that’s pretty amazing.
I have suspected that with a couple of my hens that I talk to frequently. They actually make noises when I talk to them, like they are having a conversation with me. :lau I figured I was just anthropomorphizing.

Heh, makes me feel bad though cause a lot of my birds have names, but some don't. Nothing says mom has favorites like "I have a name and you don't." :3
I think the ones we can tell apart easily tend to be more likely to have names. That said, my drakes have names: John, Paul, George & Ringo... but I don’t know which one is who...

I think the ones we can tell apart easily tend to be more likely to have names. That said, my drakes have names: John, Paul, George & Ringo... but I don’t know which one is who...
My three Australorps look so much alike that I just call them the triplets, even though they have names: Wordy, Birdie and Gertie. Someone said a comb is like a fingerpriint and I should be able to tell them apart that way. I've never taken a close look to find out. They are the most aloof of all my chickens.

I have 4 all black hens now. I can tell them apart but still haven't named them. And then I have 7 Barred rock girls only 1 of which has a name.The one that does has feathered legs cause she's half brahma. I think almost every one else of the older flock has names.

The barred rock roo is Dr. Doug Murphy, Aka Nervous guy. :3 The 2 bantam roos I have are Blade, and Pepper.

I have 2 buff brahmas, Ace, and Marigold, 4 bantam girls Sunny, Salt, Nola, and Quick Silver. 4 LF mix breeds that are still teens. 1 is named Princess. The other 3 though easily recognized don't have names yet.

15, 6 week olds. One of which was named Pokey today. And there's a RIR in this group that is seriously lovey that needs a name.
I have 12 eggs due to hatch by next weekend.... :th I've got so many in so short a time (Only had chickens since May) that I'm having a hard time coming up with names right away for the ones that don't stand out personality wise.

Back
Top Bottom