• Poll closed .
Pics

TheChiggens

The Cluckmazing Guy
Jul 7, 2019
Maine
My Coop
My Coop
Welcome to the Cluckmazing Fact Thread!!!
Thanks to @Rose Quartz for the idea of a thread updated daily now people can follow along more easily!
This new page will have all the daily facts. This will be updated daily! So check daily for the new fact!

Send me facts or questions you want to be posted in the next days to my inbox!

And like the facts whenever you read them so I can see how many people are still reading!

So enjoy!

If you have missed any facts leading up to DAY 22 CLICK HERE

There are 22 different facts so I decided I would do all of the starting at 10 If you want more click above. Have fun I hope you learn something new!

Day 10 CLUCKMAZING FACT~
Did you know an egg develops at 88 degrees F And is laid at 105 degrees??!!

Day 11 CLUCKMAZING FACT~ Did you know chickens can run up to 9 miles per hour??!!
zooooom!

Day 12 CLUCKMAZING FACT~
Did you know chickens bodies contain 15% more water than humans??

Day 13 CLUCKMAZING FACT~ Today We will have a little fun.
Q: Who has more bones in there neck Giraffe or Chicken?
A: Post what you think below!

Day 14 CLUCKMAZING FACT~ The strange fear of chickens is called Alektorphobia!!

Day 15 CLUCMAZING FACT~ The waste produced by one chicken in its lifetime can supply enough electricity to run a 100-watt bulb for five hours.

Day 16 CLUCKMAZING FACT~ If all the chickens on earth were evenly distributed among all the people on earth, each person would have at least 3 chickens!!! I wish.

Day 17 CLUCKMAZING FACT~ Chickens can swim, and some actually enjoy it, but to avoid drowning they need to be able to get out of the water when they’re ready!!!
If not oops?

Day 18 CLUCKMAZING FACT~
A chicken not only learns to recognize its own name but also knows the names of other chickens in its flock!!!

Day 19 CLUCKMAZING FACT~ How many feathers does a chicken have? To settle an argument, an Ohio man once took time to count every one of a Plymouth Rock’s 8,325 feathers.

Day 20 CLUCKMAZING FACT~ Each female chicken starts life carrying the beginnings of thousands of undeveloped yolks, but a hen rarely lays more than a small percentage of the eggs she started with!!!

Day 21 CLUCKMAZING FACT~ A lightweight chicken releases about 120 pounds of droppings per year, heavy breed averages 180 pounds; and chickens poop even when they’re asleep!!!

DAY 22 CLUCKMAZING FACT~
A chicken’s digestive, excretory and reproductive tracts come together at the cloaca; when an egg is laid, the intestinal opening is pressed shut so a hen can’t lay and poop at the same time. Kinda gross yet fascinating!

CONTINUING DAYS FACTS WILL BE POSTED DAILY UNDERNEATH SO WILL GO ON FOR PAGES! GO TO THE MOST RECENT PAGE FOR NEWEST FACT!

Last edited:
ALSO, IAM PLANNING TO WRITE ALL THE FACTS 1-21 depending on poll results. (ends today) ! Thanks to @ValerieJ for the idea! It could make a good conversation! And people will be able to see all the facts they missed that is not on this new page.
I think this works. Thanks! Fun facts!

Back
Top Bottom