• Put all the facts 1-21 on separate page

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Put all the facts 1-21 on this page

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pics
DAY 62.5 CLUCJKMAZING FACT
The chickens don't care about the new BYC look!
Mine told me I was spending too much time on the computer upgrade and it was encroaching on their time.
1579107716699.png

DAY 63 CLUCKMAZING FACT~ In 2009, a lady found a fried chicken head at McDonalds.
🤮
We went to a nice restaurant in Hong Kong and they served a variety of dishes on a lazy susan in the middle of the table. There was only one thing I could recognize and that was chicken. Every part of the chicken was served, including the feet and head. :sick

DAY 64 CLUCKMAZING FACT~
"On the Island of Kauai in Hawaii live thousands of feral chickens — once-domesticated birds that have reverted to a wild state — that provide a unique look into how domestic animals and their genes respond to the natural environment. Recent research shows that these birds are hybrids of the red junglefowl-like chickens that Polynesians brought to Hawaii and the more modern domesticated chickens introduced to Hawaii by European and U.S. settlers. It's thought that hurricanes that hit the island in 1982 and 1992 released chickens from people's backyards and into the forests, where they met and bred with the remnants of the Polynesian junglefowl's (Kauai lacks imported predators like mongooses, which wiped out the ancient birds from the other Hawaiian Islands)."

Thanks to @SueT for info on this fact!

DAY 65 CLUCKMAZING FACT~Chickens can navigate by using the magnetic fields of the Earth, they can also tell the time by the sun.
We already know that roosters have an internal circadian rhythm, but they will use the daylight intensity to judge whether or not it’s time to go to roost.

Sorry I missed yesterday's fact I have been sick 😣 But recovering! 🥳

Back
Top Bottom