Clucky's New Flock Adventures

Pics
Hi guys!
It's about time to update!

Eclipse, Galaxy, and *maybe* Aurora are all laying eggs! I said maybe about Aurora (Buff Orp) because I haven't gotten one that I know is from her in a while....but she looks like she's laying. Hmm. Anyway, it's great to be getting eggs! And this year's flock lays such pretty colors! I'm excited for my 2 Easter Eggers to start! :DView attachment 3215725
Funny thing is, the blue and olive eggs are from the same chicken! She (Galaxy) added the wrong amount of bloom I suppose. 😅 I guess that’s what you get from new layers! Haha.

I sold 3 of the Buff Orpington chicks so far. Now I have 6 left. If you live in my area and are interested, please don’t hesitate to reach out! 😀Speaking of the chicks, I finally have a plan for the meat bird! I called a farm that raises the same breed and asked if they would be willing to take him when “it’s time”. Thankfully they were extremely kind and friendly and said yes! 😁 Yay! Now I don’t have to worry anymore. And better yet, the farm is literally next door so it’ll be so easy and simple.

And today I put a little tray in for oyster shells! I zip tied it so they don’t tip it over. View attachment 3215742

And last but not least, I just have to brag about breakfast this morning! Nothing can beat fresh eggs from your very own flock!
View attachment 3215745
And I suppose you guys would like a picture of the flock 🙂View attachment 3215750
Wonderful update! Thanks for sharing! I enjoyed reading it! Congrats on the eggs, selling, and meatbird!on Aurora, if she's a Buff Orpington, she won't be laying too soon. ;)

Wonderful update! Thanks for sharing! I enjoyed reading it! Congrats on the eggs, selling, and meatbird!on Aurora, if she's a Buff Orpington, she won't be laying too soon. ;)
Thank you. :D Ok, but I'm wondering why I got a couple of light eggs in the beginning. And my previous Buff Orps were always the first to lay....

Thank you. :D Ok, but I'm wondering why I got a couple of light eggs in the beginning. And my previous Buff Orps were always the first to lay....
My Beth lays dark eggs. Recently, I got a light colored egg from her, and it was obviously from her, because Shiloh lays every day too, and her eggs are obvious. Orpingtons can take 6-8 months before laying. (Hatchery ones like yours might be a bit different...)

The flock enjoying a peaceful evening in the backyard….
43A41CD4-A1F5-468D-9B8E-CD8EBA471941.jpeg

I just opened the nesting box to reveal 3 beautiful fresh eggs. 💖 Great job, girlies!
View attachment 3219763
@Lacy Duckwing - I’m quite sure Aurora is laying. I’m getting new light tan eggs that have to be from her.
Really? Cool! Maybe the Hatchery ones are different. Then again, I currently have at least three pullets who are laying much younger than expected. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom