CNN report on killing predatory hawks/falcons in LA area

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by arlee453, Jan 20, 2008.

1. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
  2. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    What a cruel way to kill. So sad that just being a bird of prey is a death sentence.

3. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    Someone shot and killed a eagle last week here in Florida she was sitting on eggs that were getting ready to hatch. They put out a reward for info on the shooter. It's sad that someone would want to shoot and kill our National Bird.

4. panner123

panner123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    Garden Valley, ca
    About the only predators I won't harm have wings. I have lost a few to both eagles and hawks. Owls haven't bothered me yet. Anyone that has watched an eagle for any time would NEVER kill it. The same goes for hawks and owls. Just goes to show you the way city folk think.

5. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    I don't want predators to get my chickens, of ocurse, but I do understand that we have built so many neighborhoods that wildlife has few places to live and hunt anymore. Instinct won't change because we encroach. I just really think it's unfair to kill things for sport. Unless it's a burglar breaking in my house when my family is here, I, personally, dont think people should kill anthing they aren't going to eat...the burglar would probably taste nasty anyway, lol!! I feel sorry for the eagle's life being taken for no good reason, they are so beautiful too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by