CO

Hi Chirpy,

So far, looks like Turkey is actually a girl! They're 11 weeks old now, so I guess I can be reasonably sure if they don't have a large, red comb & wattles and aren't crowing, right?

There was one other questionable in the lot, but it's an EE. Lovely, though. Very beautiful. I still think she's a girl, but we're not 100%.

I'll still let you know if we find out we've got a roo who flew under our radar...
wink.png

big_smile.png
Eastern Colorado here. We have 5 Buff Orpington chicks that are 12 weeks old. We love our Buffs and look forward to getting our first eggs.
jumpy.gif

Terri

Sorry Chirpy, I don't get on the website often enough. I am REALLY confused--one of my roosters laid an egg :eek: Obviously I'm not able to tell if they really are roos. They've got the big comb and all--but I cant tell. I'll try to take pictures and maybe someone can tell me what they heck they are.

Andrea

Hi Andrea! That made me laugh... a roo that lays eggs!
lol.png

I'm sure that there are lots of others here that wish their roosters would lay eggs. I'm also positive that Guiness Book would love to add that bird to their book....
lol.png

Ok - so you do need to find out first if they are boys or girls before I decide if one would work for us. Although I'd love to have another hen, that's not what I'm looking for right now and you need to keep your layers. I think posting some pictures would be a good idea to see if others here can tell.

Keep in touch - I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures.

OK, the evidence is in. They are ALL chickens. I should have figured out a lot earlier, but all three are really loud--not really crowing though.

Pretty funny.

Andrea

Back
Top Bottom