Coccidia? (New Pullets) HELP!

RadEggs

☆Chicken Chaos☆
Premium Feather Member
Jul 7, 2023
Pacific NW
Is this normal? My chickens have been having on and off diarrhea, sometimes yellow, and just this morning, my chicken had this red in her poop. It is important to note that they are hyper and non-lethargic, and have within the last 2 weeks been moved to my house, and changed their food. (As in, I just got them 2 weeks ago) they have a very high quality food, (scratch and peck) and a lot of outdoor play time. Also, the diarrhea has been lessening since we got them. And almost no yellow diarrhea has happened for a few days. I am wondering if the red is intestinal lining, as they are super close to egg laying age, or if it might be coccidia. Sorry for the long post, I am just a little worried. The last image is just to show how regular they are acting. Plus it is cute♡
Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• 16911659897015626958460134699748.jpg
    16911659897015626958460134699748.jpg
    694.1 KB · Views: 80
  • 20230804_090734.jpg
    20230804_090734.jpg
    799.2 KB · Views: 9
Also, just saw that they are still having almost the same amount of diarrhea. I am still scared. Are they gonna be ok? Should I do something? I am giving them a lot of treats, and they changed food. Could a transition cause diarrhea? This is a photo of one of the diarrhea they had. Is this normal? BTW, they are around 20 weeks, and had been eating layer feed for a few weeks (or more, idk) in their previous home.

Attachments

• 20230721_143119.jpg
    20230721_143119.jpg
    570.5 KB · Views: 8
Also, just saw that they are still having almost the same amount of diarrhea. I am still scared. Are they gonna be ok? Should I do something? I am giving them a lot of treats, and they changed food. Could a transition cause diarrhea? This is a photo of one of the diarrhea they had. Is this normal? BTW, they are around 20 weeks, and had been eating layer feed for a few weeks (or more, idk) in their previous home.
Stop the lots of treats and let them get used to the feed transition.
Make sure they have grit (crushed granite) and oyster shell available free choice.

If they are acting normal and seem happy, don't worry too much, but it's good that you are noticing poops.
It's not a bad idea to have some Corid on hand in case you need to treat for Coccidiosis since they have been moved to a new property.

Dosing in case you need it.
Liquid Corid dose is 2tsp or Powdered Corid Dose is 1 1/2tsp per gallon of water given for 5-7 days as the only source of drinking water.
Do not add any extra vitamins/electrolytes that contain B1(Thiamine) to food or water during the course of treatment.

Stop the lots of treats and let them get used to the feed transition.
Make sure they have grit (crushed granite) and oyster shell available free choice.

If they are acting normal and seem happy, don't worry too much, but it's good that you are noticing poops.
It's not a bad idea to have some Corid on hand in case you need to treat for Coccidiosis since they have been moved to a new property.

Dosing in case you need it.
Liquid Corid dose is 2tsp or Powdered Corid Dose is 1 1/2tsp per gallon of water given for 5-7 days as the only source of drinking water.
Do not add any extra vitamins/electrolytes that contain B1(Thiamine) to food or water during the course of treatment.
Thanks so much!

Back
Top Bottom