Apr 17, 2019
Florida ⭐️
Okay, I think that one of my chicks that I got from tractor supply 5-6 weeks ago has Coccidiosis. I had four (cuckoo Marans) one mysteryiously died and one of the others has her tail down is fluffed up, eats, she drinks some and she is so frail and light compared to the other two that are healthy. so I was just wondering would Nutri-drench for chickens help her or would I have to order the corid. As I already have the chicken nutri-drench.

You have to use Corid. Corid works by blocking thiamine enough that it starves the cocci of it and they die. Adding Nutri Drench would do the opposite and add more thiamine, so don't use Nutri Drench while using Corid.

You have to use Corid. Corid works by blocking thiamine enough that it starves the cocci of it and they die. Adding Nutri Drench would do the opposite and add more thiamine, so don't use Nutri Drench while using Corid.
Shouldn't the medicated feed prevent them from getting coccidiosis?

So the next question to ask is..what is your setup like? Do you have a heat lamp? Do they have plenty of room to get away from it? Are they still laying under the heat lamp?
Why do you think they have coccidiosis?

So the next question to ask is..what is your setup like? Do you have a heat lamp? Do they have plenty of room to get away from it? Are they still laying under the heat lamp?
Why do you think they have coccidiosis?

She is by herself yes she is still by a heat lamp since it is colder some at night and yes she can get away from it. She gets under it some but usually stays in between where there is some heat but not much. Her symptoms match coccidiosis. However she is doing much better eating drinking better and has really improved.

Back
Top Bottom