Coccidiosis? Mycoplasma synoviae?

It's me, hi...I'm the problem, it's me...lol

I don't know what to do. Follow up from my last post - Bougie B passed away in August. Guess what...now another baby (13 weeks) is beginning to wobble around. Shortly after this video (earlier this week), I started the whole flock on Corrid again. I caught her gaping once...so I felt it was a good idea (possibly even a preventative measure for the others).

Yesterday, I noticed that she (along with some others) are sneezing. Since I have no access to a vet to run tests (other than fecal), what should I do? I have VetRx, but know it doesn't treat respiratory infections... Any other suggestions? I also have Duramycin, should it be a respiratory infection....which I know could be a permanent thing.

What would you do?

If you have already treated everyone with Corid once you shouldn't have to retreat them with it UNLESS you brough new bird in.

Your state lab should be able to walk you through swabbing a few birds throats to mail in for testing for MS too.
Call them on Tuesday.

Ok, thank you!! There is such little guidance on all of the things, I seriously wish I had a vet I could turn to.

Next issue - bloodied head. Again. I'm assuming the turkeys are to blame, perhaps they can sense a sick chicken and attack them? I'm not sure, but the first one had her scalp ripped off....as did the third - and now the current one. UGH. We'll be building a separate run for the turkeys this weekend because I can't handle this on top of everything else.

Back
Top Bottom