Coccidiosis quarantine time?

Summer: Poop is green and had's occasional blood/ stiff and not liquidy, yes nasal discharge, at her peak her breathing was extremely raspy and clearly had fluid in her lungs, she's too young to be laying (

Momo: poop is completely liquid and bright green with dark green chunks, no nasal or eye issues yet (she began to display symptoms today), her breathing is fine so far, just lethargic. She hasn't started laying yet either
I would also like to add that Summers breathing energy and appetite got better after just one treatment of antibiotics

Coccidiosis doesn't present with respiratory symptoms. I'd continue the antibiotics. If they were with your other birds, they've been exposed already, but they should be separated from non-symptomatic birds until you finish the antibiotics course. If it were me, I'd probably separate until all symptoms are gone.

I bought a pullet the other day and in one of my other threats you'll see her story. Summer, the pullet, has been extremely sick since I first got her, at first it wasn't too bad, she was just a bit nasally and had low energy, I thought it was because of stress but over the past couple of days I've noticed Bloody poo, she has poor eyesight and coordination, respiratory issues (Fluid) and is generally weak/Eat's vary little. At first I thought it was Marek's disease but after dosing her with a little bit of amoxicillin just to see what would happen this morning she was looking so much better! Eating, pecking, scratching, jumping, and even her breathing sounds better! Should I continue dosing her with amoxicillin and do you guys have any idea what kind of disease she could have?

(Summer is in quarantine and All of my birds are vaccinated for Merricks and a few other diseases)

I have chickens that have coccidiosis and im treating with antibiotics, they're both still pretty sick but slowly recovering. How do I know when to stop antibiotics as well as when can I reintroduce them to my flock?

I'm not 100% sure it's coccidiosis, I just know they are responding well to the antibiotics. I described the symptoms and the fact that they were responding to antibiotics positively in another thread and that's what everybody else said they could possibly have??

Summer: Poop is green and had's occasional blood/ stiff and not liquidy, yes nasal discharge, at her peak her breathing was extremely raspy and clearly had fluid in her lungs, she's too young to be laying (

Momo: poop is completely liquid and bright green with dark green chunks, no nasal or eye issues yet (she began to display symptoms today), her breathing is fine so far, just lethargic. She hasn't started laying yet either
You have a couple of threads.

Please, post photos of the pullet, her eye, her poop, etc.

She's new to you. How long have you had her?

She has respiratory symptoms along with some blood in the poop is that correct?
If she's responding to the Amoxicillin, then I would continue with that. It may help with infection.
The blood in the poop may be from Coccidiosis, could be worms, enteritis...
Hard to know. Treating with Corid would be the next step. You can give this in the water for 5-7 days as the only source of drinking water. Liquid Corid dose is 2tsp per gallon.

Only treat sick birds or new birds that you brought in with the pullet.

Getting a fecal float to see if worms and coccidiosis are the issue is the best course of action.

When you bring in new birds, you risk introducing parasites and illnesses so consider the risks. If you feel the risk is worth it, then quarantine new birds for 30days away from existing flocks.

If she's responding to the Amoxicillin, then I would continue with that. It may help with infection.
Hard to know. Treating with Corid would be the next step. You can give this in the water for 5-7 days as the only source of drinking water. Liquid Corid dose is 2tsp per gallon.

Getting a fecal float to see if worms and coccidiosis are the issue is the best course of action.

When you bring in new birds, you risk introducing parasites and illnesses so consider the risks. If you feel the risk is worth it, then quarantine new birds for 30days away from existing flocks.
I always quarantine new birds for at least 6 weeks. I'll send pictures in the morning. I've had her for about 2 weeks now. I've already ordered the powdered Corid and it should be in by Tuesday. What is a fecal float?

I always quarantine new birds for at least 6 weeks. I'll send pictures in the morning. I've had her for about 2 weeks now. I've already ordered the powdered Corid and it should be in by Tuesday. What is a fecal float?
A fecal float is performed by a vet. You would take some fresh samples of poop to them and they will look at worm and coccidia counts.

Here's her poo (looking WAY better) and the back the best pictures I could get of her face.

Attachments

• IMG_20221008_181051867.jpg
    IMG_20221008_181051867.jpg
    588.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 16652671208657033997673073490834.jpg
    16652671208657033997673073490834.jpg
    716.6 KB · Views: 3
More pictures, all of these where just taken

Attachments

• IMG_20221008_181516672.jpg
    IMG_20221008_181516672.jpg
    564.3 KB · Views: 2