coccidiosis

schockm

Chirping
6 Years
Oct 6, 2013
Hi,
I have 3 chicks going on 6wks and I have noticed blood in their poop. It only looks like 1 is infected. I was just wondering if it is too late to just do the apple cider vinegar? If it isn't then what is the water to cider ratio. My chicks are organic or I would prefer not to medicate. What else can I do to help. I did order some corid just incase I have to use it. My chicks also have not been given medicated feed or been vaccinated. Any help would be appreciated... Thanks!

Are you sure that you are seeing blood, or are you seeing intestinal linings? If you look up "blood in droppings" or "shed intestinal linings" in up in the Backyard Chickens search bar, you'll probably find some pictures and information on shed intestinal linings. These shed linings often look like blood caused by Coccidiosis. If your chicks are otherwise acting healthy, there's probably nothing to worry about.

If you're seeing bloody droppings, its too late to add the ACV. Apple Cider Vinegar may help prevent Coccidiosis, but it can't treat it. Corid would be a much better idea.

Back
Top Bottom