1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

cochin bantam roos in north alabama....FREE.....

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by GotCochins?, Mar 8, 2009.

1. GotCochins?

GotCochins? Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2008
    Owens Cross Roads, AL.
    i have several extra cochin bantam roos if someone is interested.blacks and partridge mainly.may have a blue ot two.these are all nice birds off of show quality stock.just dont have any extra hens really to sell as pairs.

2. GotCochins?

Mar 10, 2008
    Owens Cross Roads, AL.
    anybody?

3. Appaloosa Hill Farm

Appaloosa Hill Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2009
    Southern Middle TN
    Oh how I wish my coop and run were ready. I'm just north of Hunstville. They sound like beauties!!

4. Sock Puppet

Sock Puppet Grumpy Hen

Mar 3, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    GotCochins? :

i have several extra cochin bantam roos if someone is interested.blacks and partridge mainly.may have a blue ot two.these are all nice birds off of show quality stock.just dont have any extra hens really to sell as pairs.

I soooo wish I could, Would love the Partridge. wish I lived closer.​

5. amazondoc

amazondoc Cracked Egghead

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    I don't suppose you've got any mottled?

6. GotCochins?

Mar 10, 2008
    Owens Cross Roads, AL.
    no mottled's, sorry. i started out with blues, blacks, partridge and columbians from eggs from tom roebuck(cochin international president) as luck would have it, hawks and critters seem to pick out hens over roos.i have since placed trios and quads of each in pens and have several(close to 15) extra roos and are offspring from last year.they are just really starting to fight and carry on and i hate to see them beat each other up.i dont have the pen space to seperate them.

7. amazondoc

amazondoc Cracked Egghead

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    Thanks for the info!

I've got a pair of mottled pullets that could use a roo, too bad you don't have one! And I love the Columbians, but I don't have any excuse to get one. [​IMG] Sorry!

8. LMEggs

LMEggs Show Me Feathers Poultry CO

May 4, 2008
    Do you have pictures of the blue and partridge roos ?

9. GotCochins?

Mar 10, 2008
    Owens Cross Roads, AL.
    here's a pic of some black/blues.i dont have a pic on file of the partridge but they are of similar quality.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2009
  10. WiseChicks

WiseChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Hudson, WI
    Would you ship? I'd be terribly interested in a Blue and maybe a Black. I have 3 really sweet little black frizzle cochin hens that I want to breed, but the hawk got both my roos.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by