Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

I have about a 2500 sq ft yard that all my birds free range in. We live in a typical city neighborhood, so the wild predators seem to be few if any. I haven't seen any possums, or raccoons and our neighboorhood has a lot of mockingbirds that are very territorial and seem to drive away hawks and birds of prey. I also have a dog that hangs out with them and keeps watch.

This is she... What do you think? Frizzle cochin?
A dog with them is generally great protection

Need help from you Frizzle experts. Do yall give extra vitamins to your Frizzles? Someone asked if I did and I don't. Not sure If I should. Was told to do so cause "they are a fragile breed"....thoughts?

If you had to decide on a cochin rooster for your flock and the choices were a black cochin or a partridge cochin. Which would you pick. The girls would be a black birchen, a red, a black frizzle, a black, a buff columbian mix, and a couple other mixes. I would like very colorful chicks I am keeping a blue cochin rooster with the flock as well. I just need to decide on the second roo.

Black is so hard to not get in chicks if ur roo is black.

I have claicos and lots of them. I sell eggs as a calico mix of unique colors. When I had my black roo almost every chick was black. Even with other calico roos in the flock. I sold lots of eggs which most was black. I hatched almost 200 with almost all being black.
Needless to say... My black roo now has a new home cause is black gene was too hard to break. It was too dominant.

Black is so hard to not get in chicks if ur roo is black.

I have claicos and lots of them. I sell eggs as a calico mix of unique colors. When I had my black roo almost every chick was black. Even with other calico roos in the flock. I sold lots of eggs which most was black. I hatched almost 200 with almost all being black.
Needless to say... My black roo now has a new home cause is black gene was too hard to break. It was too dominant.

That is exactly what I was worried about. All black chicks would not be what I want next Spring.

Back
Top Bottom