Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

Darker one looks male to me, lighter one female, but I'm no expert.

I would also like to jump in with a question - I have 6 eggs developing wonderfully on day 9. Daddy is a blue frizzle, mom is a cuckoo. I know the males will come out white head dot and be barred/cuckoo, females should be solid, right? But I don't know what colors this could produce, plus the frizzle factor. Anyone have any insight for me? Is blue barred frizzled a possiblity?

You could get both blue and the black colored Cuckoo males. Also you could get blue and black females with the father being blue. It should be about 50/50% Blue/Black on both sexes

If the Calico Rooster is the father and the Mottled Hen is the mother than it could get Mottling show up as it grows out, sometimes if it is not showing it can still feather in Mottled after its molts. You never know. I have a hen that was red for 2 years with just one millie spot on its whole body, then this January after its second molt it was totally millie patterned.

I will try to find the pictures of later, Her transformation was amazing.

Finally found pictures of my hen, so after almost two years she got this beautiful Jubilee/Millie color.

This is her after her first Molt

and this is her after her January Molt If I had not saw it happen I would not have believed it. She does have Jubilee genetics she is 1/4 Jubilee.

I forgot to mention the frizzle should be about 50% either color

I called her red forever now?  I think she is beautiful I always thought the red was pretty but wow now!

I had figured 50/50 on the frizzle but thanks.

And yes she is very pretty. Would have to be quite a surprise! Have you hatched any of her offspring?

So thinking I have a black fizzle but find out it is probably known as something else. So please what is the color of this little girl or boy
1f603.png

Last edited:
So thinking I have a black fizzle but find out it is probably known as something else. So please what is the color of this little girl or boy
1f603.png

Definitely something frizzled, looking male to me, but really too soon to say. Are the legs and toes feathered? Full body side view would be great. A cutie, whatever it is!

So here's what I have so far from 6 eggs.... 3 boys (I think - it appears they have white head dots) and 2 girls, one black, one blue. One egg still in the bator, pipped on the wrong end. Giving it a few more hours to hatch on its own before I intervene (if I do)

the 3 fellas:

biggest boy, he's a sweetie!

blue girl (?) looks just like her daddy did as a baby

star gazer girl. hoping some nutridrench fixes her up!

Definitely something frizzled, looking male to me, but really too soon to say. Are the legs and toes feathered? Full body side view would be great. A cutie, whatever it is!

Oh are the legs ever feathered he and yes darn it I am afraid since I see little waddle coming in ugh but he looks like he is wearing fringe chaps lol so sweet he is just so adorable but can't have roos here in Claremore ok. I was trying to find a way to show video he is so spazzy I have a fun video. ButI will find new home for him along with his silkie buddy that is a roo also no luck for me so I will be very picky who gets them. I am feeling comfortable picking a place to try my first ordering 15to 20 chicks especially having this forum backing up with any questions. I will try someplace local since Ok seems to have a few places.

Back
Top Bottom