Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

@spazy67 it could have to do with daylight. If she is indoors alot, she may not be getting as much natural sunlight as they need. When daylight hours decrease in winter time, hens slack off. It's not because of the cold, it's because of the shorter daylight hours. Just a thought.

Aww shes cute, sorry I can't help with the egg laying. How do you deal with it pooing inside?

She is very well behaved she has been towel trained she tends to follow me so we're I will watch tv she is given a towel to sit on she scratches at.it but I have a bad back so I am on top of her if.she has a mishap on wood floor i am right there. Or in kitchen on vinyl floor so no carpet and I am right behind her. she sleeps at night is a perch as high up as my bed and she has a box so it catches but she tends to hold till am and will pass a big one in am.

@spazy67 it could have to do with daylight. If she is indoors alot, she may not be getting as much natural sunlight as they need. When daylight hours decrease in winter time, hens slack off. It's not because of the cold, it's because of the shorter daylight hours. Just a thought.

I know she will wake up early and walk around on her towel on my bed we play most of the day she will go out with the dogs I tend to not let her go alone she could care less about being out side until she wants a bath then she spends time in her outside box. But she will want to perch by 630 pm few weeks ago it was 730 and just before that 8 pm so ya you can set a clock by her.

1 of my chick's has webbing and fused toes. She is beautiful! We're keeping her, but won't breed her. What smoothed roo will I need to get a bunch of color out of chicks? I have a white pulley and I think a gold laced pullet. Will get a few more possibly.

1 of my chick's has webbing and fused toes. She is beautiful! We're keeping her, but won't breed her. What smoothed roo will I need to get a bunch of color out of chicks? I have a white pulley and I think a gold laced pullet. Will get a few more possibly.

I'm not sure I understand your question.
Got any pics of your chicks?

Don't have a good one of the blue yet

I have a white chick a blue chick (can't breed), a gold laced chick, and a black chick (won't be keeping). My question is what colored rooster would I need (when their older) to give off colorful offspring?

Chick pics are cute!

Not much help here, but I can say that white is unpredictable. You could get some interesting stuff from white, no matter what you mix with. Partridge, calico and mottled birds give some interesting effects. I'd start with looking into those and figuring out what each result would give, mixed with what you have.

Hopefully someone else can be a bit more help.
big_smile.png

Chick pics are cute!

Not much help here, but I can say that white is unpredictable.  You could get some interesting stuff from white, no matter what you mix with.  Partridge, calico and mottled birds give some interesting effects. I'd start with looking into those and figuring out what each result would give, mixed with what you have.

Hopefully someone else can be a bit more help.  :D

I can't get a lot of roos to try, only 1. I have some time, so just curious. Maybe I'll do a mottled or fleur

Back
Top Bottom