Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

I have questions I'm hoping someone can answer!!!! I have a splash Cochin bantam rooster and a black Cochin bantam frizzle hen... How do I get splash frizzles? I know all their babies will be black... But what will happen if I breed the babies to each other or would I breed the frizzles back to a splash roo/ hen? I totally need help!! Also have another question..... I have a Mille fluer Cochin bantam rooster and a white Cochin bantam frizzle hen.... How can I get frizzled milles?

I have questions I'm hoping someone can answer!!!! I have a splash Cochin bantam rooster and a black Cochin bantam frizzle hen... How do I get splash frizzles? I know all their babies will be black... But what will happen if I breed the babies to each other or would I breed the frizzles back to a splash roo/ hen? I totally need help!! Also have another question..... I have a Mille fluer Cochin bantam rooster and a white Cochin bantam frizzle hen.... How can I get frizzled milles?
Well, to correct you, Splash to Black will not give you Black, it gives you Blue. To get Splash, you breed two Blues, two Splash, or a Blue and Splash together.

I dont know about the Mille Fleurs, they are not a recognized variety and I wont comment about them as I know nothing of them.

~Casey

Lol sorry I was looking at the wrong line on my blue gene chart....

(numbers are approximate, your results may vary slightly):

Black x Black = 100% Black
Black x Blue = 50% Black, 50% Blue
Blue x Blue = 50% Blue, 25% Black and 25% Splash
Splash x Black = 100% Blue
Splash x Blue = 50% Splash and 50% Blue
Splash x Splash = 100% Splash

I guess what I'm wondering is.... when I breed my smooth splash rooster to my black frizzle hen, I'll get both blue smooth and frizzles? And can I breed a blue frizzle back to a smooth splash? or would I loose the frizzling doing that?

Back
Top Bottom