Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

Pics
How early can you tell if the chicks are frizzles? I hatched some of my frizzle hen's eggs and the chicks are about 3-4 weeks old.

You can tell at a few days old when the wing feathers start coming in. At the age yours are they would already show heavy frizzling. If you are asking then I am guessing you do not see any frizzling.

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately, I do not see any frizzling
sad.png
Maybe next time!

Just to speak for myself...I have been looking for white frizzle Cochin bantams for a while. Here in Cal they must be pretty rare as I have not been able to find any!!! Most people here have black ones. VERY beautiful black ones.

Yes, I sell hatching eggs. I have 2 breeding pens going right now, Shazam and Steel. Queenie is in with Steel since I breed smooth to Frizzle only. I have no idea which egg is hers right now. I got 4 eggs from Shazam's pen yesterday and 2 from Steel's. They have picked up laying better and I have been setting and hatching as many as I can. If you would like any just PM me.

And Frizzled Pink showed you what they can look like out of Steel's pen. I don't think any from Shazam's pen hatched for her but she is getting a Shazam son from me anyhow.
Thank you for letting know, but I am done this year, since I purchased 4 smooth bantam blue cochins a week ago. But I will might be intrested next year. I have a quick question about baby cochin, that peep looks smaller then the rest of them, and I don't see any shoulder feather coming out, and she/he is one week old. The chick eats and drinks like all the others, so, its not malnutritioned. I just don't want to loose it, its black and so pretty. So, my question is, is it normal?

I am looking for started birds. I don't really need a breeding pair but might be interested. Would really like to get a nice roo. No one near me seems to have any good quality ones. When is the fair? Might be able to talk my hubby into going . Thank you for your input

Just noticed you are in Jurupa Valley? I am in south Riverside, Lake Mathews to be exact. Would love to come and see what you have and would be interested in selling/
The show in Ventura is the semi -national American Poultry Assoc meet held at the Ventura County Fair gorunds.......I have an excellant SQ white frizzle cockerel ready now......He place 1st in his class at the national Bantam show in Stockton this January He is truly adorable......named him Flirty .If you would like to see pictures,let me know
wink.png

Would love to see pics. I am not very good with the computer, but if I can get my daughter up here I will post some of my flock. How much do you want for your roo? I need to join some clubs. Have had chickens all my life,...but now interested in the bantams. I have MF d'uccles, cochins, and seramas. I live close to you and could pick up Flirty this weekend.
Also...went to a show in Victorville a few months ago. How much better is the show in Ventura?

Back
Top Bottom